I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 21 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 11-07-2007, 05:27 PM   #301
NYwranglanator

I made a air manifold for my oba. Not much but still saved some cash.

Unread 11-09-2007, 11:17 PM   #302
jdflute
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04
nice, couple questions:

where do you get plate aluminum?
what did you use to make the folds?
The metal came from a builders merchant in Wadi Kabir, Sultanate of Oman which may be a little far for you to go and I had a metal worker friend of a friend do the two folds. 3mm is too thick to fold without the proper equipment, but 2mm is possible with practice.
The whole thing is shaped like an angular "C" with the bottom return capable of being screwed into the tub with a couple of small self tapping screws. I haven't done this and probably won't bother as crime here is low. It is enough to stop opportunistic theft and is a snug fit so is difficult to remove it from the jeep even when you know how.
Jd

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.
jdflute is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2007, 08:55 AM   #303
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdflute
The metal came from a builders merchant in Wadi Kabir, Sultanate of Oman which may be a little far for you to go and I had a metal worker friend of a friend do the two folds. 3mm is too thick to fold without the proper equipment, but 2mm is possible with practice.
The whole thing is shaped like an angular "C" with the bottom return capable of being screwed into the tub with a couple of small self tapping screws. I haven't done this and probably won't bother as crime here is low. It is enough to stop opportunistic theft and is a snug fit so is difficult to remove it from the jeep even when you know how.
Jd
well nice work, too bad i dont have access to any metal wholesalers like that, nor do I have a metal break
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2007, 11:12 PM   #304
kevincctx
2005 LJ Wrangler 

rear security drawers

I'm a bit of a DIY novice, so this project seems like it took forever. But I'm happy with the outcome, would do it again over paying the cost of the tuffy security drawers. I do admit i still have to do some touch ups and tweaking here and there before i can say its 100% done

THANKS!! for all the positive feedback everybody. I'll post some more detailed pics once i do the finishing touches.

Last edited by kevincctx; 11-20-2007 at 05:31 PM..
kevincctx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2007, 04:05 PM   #305
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

when is this thing going to get stickied so we don't have to keep bumping it?
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2007, 06:25 PM   #306
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04
when is this thing going to get stickied so we don't have to keep bumping it?
I asked for it once, and they stickied it for less than a day.. then took it down for some reason.

Raskull - Metallic Silver '03 Jeep TJ Sport (pic)
http://myjeeptj.com <- Write-ups on mods/maintenance/trips and a video/image gallery
Custom front bumper build
Custom rockers build
My build thread
raskull is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2007, 06:25 PM   #307
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevincctx
I'm a bit of a DIY novice, so this project seems like it took forever. But I'm happy with the outcome, would do it again over paying the cost of the tuffy security drawers. I do admit i still have to do some touch ups and tweaking here and there before i can say its 100% done

That looks kickass man! What did you use for the carpeting, and where did you get the drawer sliders?

http://myjeeptj.com <- Write-ups on mods/maintenance/trips and a video/image gallery
Custom rockers build
My build thread
Unread 11-19-2007, 07:10 PM   #308
kevincctx
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The carpeting I got from my local pep boys. Its actually not "carpet" at all. They sell it in a roll about 4ftx5ft and its suppose to be used to put under your vehicle while its parked in the garage to keep oil from dripping onto the floor in the garage. I got it because its rubber on the underside and it was only 6.99 a roll. the drawer sliders i got at home depot for about 15$ they are suppose to hold up to 100 lbs.
kevincctx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2007, 07:16 PM   #309
claustin10

Custom Air intake I modified to fit
I had to make two wooden shims for the filter to fit
And I made a 1/4" throttle body spacer
the total cost came out to about $30.
claustin10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-19-2007, 07:48 PM   #310
Elwood
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Kevincctx, that is an awesome box. I need one of those as well as keeping the back seat! I wonder how a 200 inch stretch on my TJ will look?? LOL
Unread 11-20-2007, 09:30 AM   #311
Baotchi
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevincctx

That drawer box is sick man, the nicest DIY job I seen to date.
Unread 11-20-2007, 05:09 PM   #312
Krisfyr
2003 TJ Wrangler 

one of the things that i have a pic ready for is a CB Antenna / Trail Flag mount. matched the bolt pattern under the light and bent it up. ran the CB cable through the interior of jeep and then went out with the brake wiring harness through the body. grounded on interior

Old Man Emu Shocks and steering stabilizer, Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
AA SYE, Rokmen Mercenary Front Bumper,L O D Offroad Rear Bumper/tire carrier
Warn 9.5 Ti
Krisfyr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2007, 05:18 PM   #313
JWitt333
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I really like the box, I am starting one for myself with the seat still there, dont need the storage just the security, but that looks awesome
JWitt333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2007, 06:00 PM   #314
will228
2005 LJ Wrangler 

new gas cap. lost the other one
will228 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-20-2007, 06:09 PM   #315
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

You made a new gas cap? Or did you mean to post that in the "what did you do to your jeep today" thread?

Custom rockers build
My build thread

Tags
home made , homemade , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.