I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 19 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

FrEaKy FrIdAy SaLe!!!!NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 10-11-2007, 06:16 PM   #271
JEEP97TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJEEPER
I built a hitch hauler for mine.
That looks saweet. All that storage space....would be nice. And nice departure angle.

Unread 10-11-2007, 06:34 PM   #272
ScottD06X
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEP97TJ
That looks saweet. All that storage space....would be nice. And nice departure angle.
Yeah , best one I have ever seen. All of the others I've seen are straight out, hitch level and always dragging on everything. Does it also secure to the spare for stability?
ScottD06X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2007, 07:10 PM   #273
TJJEEPER
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottD06X
Yeah , best one I have ever seen. All of the others I've seen are straight out, hitch level and always dragging on everything. Does it also secure to the spare for stability?
No, it barely touches the spare. The spare was a 31/10.50 when I built it, when I up'd it to a 33" I had to slide it out and redrill the pin hole. When I mount the box on it, I secure it to the bumper with ratchet straps to stabilize it a little more. It fits pretty tight anyway, I ran beads of weld down the side of the tubing and ground down to a tight fit in the receiver. Four of us have traveled to Camp Jeep 02 in Branson, and CJ 03 in Virginia and on to Va Beach for a week in it. Told the kids to pack light, but we had room for all our luggage. Had to buy the large duffel, to lash to the top, at CJ 03 to get all our souvenirs home. Couldn't drive at night, the lights pointed too high.
97 TJ, 4.0, 5sp, OME Susp., 1 3/4 coil spacers, 1" BL, 35" Xterrains, Dynatrac Trail 60 with ARB, D30F, 4.56's, LockRite F, Discs F&R, K&N, Borla Header, Flowmaster Super 44 Off-Road Muffler, Front LineLock, Diehard Platinum P-1...

06 Commander

Last edited by TJJEEPER; 10-11-2007 at 07:24 PM..
TJJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2007, 08:56 PM   #274
adamhendrickson
1997 TJ Wrangler 

wow

Man i gotta practice my welding
Black 97 w/ -- 2" procomp lift--33x12.50 D C Crushers on 15x10 Black ION wheels--Warn M8000 on AtoZ Fab plate--Xenon flat-style flares--Delta lights on the bumper, the windshield and the rollbar facing the rear--and the list grows daily!
adamhendrickson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2007, 10:02 PM   #275
Corey4x4man

for sure keep em comin!
Unread 10-13-2007, 11:23 AM   #276
Guitarhead09
2001 TJ Wrangler 

this is one of the best threads, bump
Guitarhead09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2007, 06:53 PM   #277
sealion2288
1998 TJ Wrangler 

This thread needs to be made permanent! BUMP!!
sealion2288 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2007, 07:37 PM   #278
chappy84
2004 TJ Wrangler 

What a bunch of really great ideas!@! I am impressed with some of the inginuity on this thread. I want to see more!
Unread 10-16-2007, 08:03 PM   #279
NMLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I modified my trans skid's crossmember so it would not rub my driveline. I welded a 3/16 strap to the bottom of the crossmember under the area I wanted to cut out. Then I cut out the front of the crossmember and removed it. Then I made two cuts on top perallel to my front cuts. Next I bent the top down and welded it to the strap I welded in previousley. It is harder to try to explain what I did than it was to do it.

-2006 Impact Orange LJ-

THE HARDEST THING ABOUT A ZOMBIE OUTBREAK WOULD BE PRENTENDING NOT TO BE EXCITED
NMLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2007, 08:23 PM   #280
ej's tj

2005 LJ Wrangler 

check out my gallery for some pix of my back bumper I built......I can not figure out how to post them here

Integrity is a rare find!
ej's tj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2007, 09:07 PM   #281
nolo263
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ej's tj
check out my gallery for some pix of my back bumper I built......I can not figure out how to post them here

looks good you should have made a write up that certainly looks different than the other ones I have seen..good job..

Does it rattle at all??
nolo263 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2007, 07:28 AM   #282
GroundAssault
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Bump, I am not very good at coming up with ideas but I want to keep this thread going so I can get some good ideas

Nowhere at present is there such a measureless loathing of their country by educated people as in America. --Eric Hoffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb2485
cheap mods are like a drug dealer giving you your first few for free...they will only get you addicted and before you know it every paycheck goes into your new habit :rofl:
GroundAssault is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2007, 08:16 AM   #283
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

i made lower bump stops, well didn't really make them but i did a custom install of hockey pucks. drilled and tapped the lower spring mount.
My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-17-2007, 09:06 AM   #284
Chipper004
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock-rash
Since I now have the LoD rear tire bumper/carrier I needed to get a third brake light on there somehow. So I took the factory third brake light and cut it seven and a half inches from the top. I drilled a 1/2 hole just below where the light has that little cover on the front side and mounted it to the stud at the top of the tire carrier. The stud is there to mount a hi lift jack. (My hi lift is mounted inside of the jeep.) I have a few inches of clearance between the top of the spare and the light. This allows for up-sizing the tires in the future.

The wiring is the same as factory only with added length.

Attachment 29021

Attachment 29022
I did the exact same thing. But got a thin piece of metal and bent it at a 90*. Drilled pilot holes in the very top of the carrier and then used self tapping bolts to fassen it on there. It sticks up a bit more so if I decide to go w/ 35's some day I'll have clearance. I also didn't go through the bolt provided on the carrier b/c I have my Hi-lift attached to it. Here's a pic.

Chipper004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2007, 06:16 PM   #285
sealion2288
1998 TJ Wrangler 

More great ideas?
sealion2288 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
home made , homemade , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.