Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

3M views 4K replies 1K participants last post by  neto_09 
#1 ·
just thought it would be a neat idea if someone could start a thread with only pics and info on home mods. write-ups wouldn't have to be included but a link to one would be nice if it is available. if someone likes the idea, start it up!

#3 ·
#14 ·
#16 ·
#18 ·
Thunderstrike said:
Gotta see this... pic's?
Next time I borrow a digital camera I'll snap some. It's a simple setup for the most part. Homemade heatexchanger plumbed into the coolant lines going to the heater core. Use a small 1.1GPM RV water pump to move the water and shower away. The guys in deer camp last year looked at me funny when I told them I had a shower, they weren't laughing after 10 days when they all wanted to use it.

#19 ·
Bump for (possibly) more cool ideas...

#20 ·
Steelman said:
Made a foot rest outta 1/8" aluminum (the Jeep has an Auto trans, so I had to have a place for my left foot!:

EDIT: a simple write-up can be found here ---> http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7217
You're my hero.. :bowdown:

I've been debating this one for a while, but wasn't sure the easiest path to take. Where's the best place to pickup aluminum like that? Because I'm sure most places could have something small like that as scrap.

#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcomf
Next time I borrow a digital camera I'll snap some. It's a simple setup for the most part. Homemade heatexchanger plumbed into the coolant lines going to the heater core. Use a small 1.1GPM RV water pump to move the water and shower away. The guys in deer camp last year looked at me funny when I told them I had a shower, they weren't laughing after 10 days when they all wanted to use it.
You mind explaining a few steps on how you did this? I'm interested in this for camping trips.
No doubt. I would love to add hot water to my little pop-up camper so I could take a hot/warm shower.

#22 ·
XabuJr said:
You're my hero.. :bowdown:

I've been debating this one for a while, but wasn't sure the easiest path to take. Where's the best place to pickup aluminum like that? Because I'm sure most places could have something small like that as scrap.
:laugh: :cheers2:

Not sure where would be the best place to pick it up...I was fortunate to get a piece from a neighbor that just had it laying around. Not even sure why he had it, but he was nice enough to give it to me!

#2,151 ·
Home depot sells metals in small size lot's, check them out.

#23 ·
Side halo blinker. Basically a two wire LED blinker with a cheap knock off trail rated badge stuck over the top.

#24 ·
ChristopherJ said:
You mind explaining a few steps on how you did this? I'm interested in this for camping trips.
The main idea was borrowed from here:

http://www.helton.com.au/

Most of it is outlined there and they show the exchanger mounted in different vehicles. I made my own heat exchanger from 3" copper pipe and copper refrigerator coil much like the heaton exchanger. If you build your own they show the internals of their exchanger to give you an idea how it's done. It is mounted and plumbed into your coolant lines going to the heater core. It is efficient enough that there is usually no need for a second pass through to get water at shower temp. The pump is a small Flojet 1.1 gpm RV pump with a shutoff of 35psi that feeds into the exchanger. Pump was around $35. Use simple garden hose for gazinta and gozoutta water lines and find a place to mount everything.

#25 ·
First, I made it run 3.5 years ago:cheers:

Then I made a no fuss doorless mirror:

And I also I "made" a Water to Interior Preventor:laugh:

My most recent mod is a Kill Switch. I tapped the clutch switch with a radio shack panel switch hidden in an easy to access yet impossible to see location :shhh:

#26 ·
heres my 2c

got 33s to fit stock bumber

made light bracket

cut front bumper for better rock crawling

and rocksliders

oo ya and on one of these you can see front two lights I made that bracket too but will have to redo onse I get winch..

planing on doing front bumper and rear with swing arm
and oil pen skid plate if some one can get me blue print or layout..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.