I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 138 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 08-07-2009, 11:27 PM   #2056
mudking_ky87
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
I wouldnt trust that thin of plate, its will bend like crazy until it tears off.

haha, ive drug my 4x8 trailer through some really wickid hills and trails to get my 4wheeler when it broke down, and drug it back out, pulled a few ppl out with it, no movement at all, that plate is stronger the the bumper... found out the hard way haha, but yea its safe and not going anywhere. I haul my 4wheeler every weekend and other stuff, had it since feb, and no problems.

mudking_ky87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2009, 05:32 AM   #2057
djleathal7
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Homemade Hardtop Lift

Here,s some pictures of my homemade hardtop lift.http://cid-62290d44faf96464.skydrive...op%20Lift?uc=5
djleathal7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2009, 03:47 PM   #2058
jackattack
1999 TJ Wrangler 

This a CB mount i made this a a video if some click free this tell me how and WTF is click free?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6vbMqmKshk
jackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2009, 05:51 PM   #2059
xjGeoff18
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
This a CB mount i made this a a video if some click free this tell me how and WTF is click free?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6vbMqmKshk
video was nice. I like that spot and mount. Thanks

94 xj sold at 214,xxx miles

02 TJ 33's 4 inch lift and 8.8 rear.
xjGeoff18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #2060
maddiver
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudking_ky87 View Post
haha, ive drug my 4x8 trailer through some really wickid hills and trails to get my 4wheeler when it broke down, and drug it back out, pulled a few ppl out with it, no movement at all, that plate is stronger the the bumper... found out the hard way haha, but yea its safe and not going anywhere. I haul my 4wheeler every weekend and other stuff, had it since feb, and no problems.
When (not if) that weld pops and that plate comes off it is going to take one heck of a good attorney to keep you from having to pay some horrendous insurance payouts. Good luck with it until then.
maddiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2009, 07:35 PM   #2061
jackattack
1999 TJ Wrangler 

By the way can any on tell me how to click free something?

Last edited by jackattack; 08-08-2009 at 08:24 PM..
jackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2009, 11:37 PM   #2062
mudking_ky87
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiver View Post
When (not if) that weld pops and that plate comes off it is going to take one heck of a good attorney to keep you from having to pay some horrendous insurance payouts. Good luck with it until then.
it would have to break 2 grade 8 1/2 bolts with aircraft nuts on them that are welded in place also, its stronger the putting a tube on a bumper welded like most people who build their own bumpers do. been on there since feb, and hasn't budged yet, and welds are still perfect. my trailer or bumper will break before that will.
Unread 08-08-2009, 11:38 PM   #2063
mudking_ky87
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
By the way can any on tell me how to click free something?
you have to have 50 posts first, then use a photo hosting source like photobucket.
Unread 08-09-2009, 12:52 AM   #2064
BlueShark
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler99TJ View Post
This is a snowboard and wakeboard rack that I made for the tailgate. Its 1 1/16" tube and 1 1/2" angle iron. I used weatherstripping for a exterior door for the padding between the steel and the boards. It has held up for 6 months and looks brand new. I kept it on all winter with and the salt did not effect the weatherstripping.

It seems to be strong enough

Here it is with 1 snowboard and 1 wakeboard.

Just thought there might be someone else out there that might be able to use a rack like this.
Thats awesome man! Ive been trying to figure out to get mine and my buddies boards on my jeep for a while now.
Great idea
BlueShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2009, 12:11 AM   #2065
MT_Ranger
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djleathal7 View Post
Here,s some pictures of my homemade hardtop lift.http://cid-62290d44faf96464.skydrive...op%20Lift?uc=5
I'll have to build one of these. Mostly because my nephew seems to be always busy when "hard top" time comes.

[SIZE="4"][B][COLOR="Red"]Red Jeep Club Member #552[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][SIZE="4"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="4"][/SIZE]
MT_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2009, 06:15 AM   #2066
dadstjaz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Made a mount for my High lift that attaches to the hood hinges and locks on.
dadstjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2009, 08:19 PM   #2067
dswi
1991 YJ Wrangler 

Love the thread...even if I do have a JY! Great ideas...Keep them up.

Darrin
dswi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #2068
vtjeepguy97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Gave the handle, on the inside drivers side door, a good tug last weekend and it broke off in my hand. So i decided to replace it. Drilled out the nub that was left, emptied out a 30-30 round, drilled out blasting cap (warning if you do this, make sure that the firing cap has been spent before drilling Don't worry i followed my own advice.) slip wood screw about half-way through. (Had to grind part of the head down so that it would fit.) Used some gorilla glue and wallah it works like a charm.

vtjeepguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #2069
gcfishguy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I looked at the overhead consoles that were out there, and they were too pricy for what I wanted.
So, I stopped by my buddy's garage and we built one out of a strip of aluminum and parts of an old folding camp chair that was headed for the dump.

The aluminum is pop riveted on, and was going to rattle so I ran a bead of silicone all around the top side. Then I added that rubber no-slip mat (siliconed down) to the top...the top side makes a great place to put the wallet, smokes, cell phone..they're handy and the mat keeps them from sliding around..etc.

The front attaches with the holes for the footman loop, and the curves at the back snuggle nicely on the roll bar. The front bend has enough tension to keep the back down without bouncing around.

Side

Top Down

Rear - Front not attached yet

Mounted - Front

*Somebody click-free those please?

What's the velcro for? Stay tuned....
gcfishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2009, 01:20 PM   #2070
Okiiashi
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcfishguy View Post

Click free
()_) ()_)---)_)RED JEEP #446
“Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there” - Will Rogers
Okiiashi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
home made , homemade , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.