I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 136 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 07-19-2009, 07:32 PM   #2026
iowaneedshills
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yesterday I made a poor man's spare tire mount. Modified my Thule bike rack with a Dana 35 axle shaft

The rack even folds down flat to allow the rear door to open fully.

Last edited by iowaneedshills; 08-01-2009 at 09:05 AM..
iowaneedshills is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2009, 06:36 AM   #2027
MUDY-TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

thats a good idea
MUDY-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2009, 08:58 AM   #2028
kearns
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacknife View Post
o ok, but do you / can you still use the seat
I used 1" spacer blocks under the rear seat brackets to give enough room for the amp box, and yes, the seat still functions like stock. One more note, on either side of the seat there is a shaft that locks it down, those hit the subwoofers and needed to be cut shorter, but they still lock into the brackets fine.

I haven't had time to look for any more photos. I'll try to get to it this week.
kearns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2009, 10:14 AM   #2029
MattGATRTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrubeck View Post
Made a copy of this one last night for my Jeep. Total cost $13 for the pipe. I figure it will get me by better than stock until I can pony up for some real HD steering.

THANKS!!
I have beat mine pretty hard on some rocks and it hasnt bent yet.
MattGATRTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2009, 10:17 AM   #2030
-sean-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I made a TJ for my LJ.

Unread 07-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #2031
Divinitous
Disgruntled Jeepforum'er

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -sean- View Post
I made a TJ for my LJ.
Looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo Ferrari
"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlaine
"Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps."
Divinitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 11:05 AM   #2032
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Updated to my previous third brake light- I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 22

Made a new third brake light holder to accomodate CB antennas and create a stronger mount. The previous unit vibrated too much for my liking when the antenna hit stuff.

Finished and Sandblasted:

Welds

Primed and painted semi-gloss black and installed. Holds 2 3ft CB antennas. Those are cheapo "Diesel" antennas I got on ebay. The brake light should clear a 35" tire easy.

And no, the mounts aren't straight. The small 1/4" top plates warped during welding. And no I don't care and I probably won't fix it...

EDIT:
I had to add one of the stock rubber isolators to the mount to keep the tire carrier from whacking it. I just drilled a hole in the center square tubing and tacked a nut on it. Its a stainless M8 socket head cap screw in the isolator. Just what I had laying around. I found out the tire carrier was vibrating quite a bit off-road - this amounted to nearly 1" of deflection!

Last edited by Unlimited04; 09-22-2009 at 08:07 AM..
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 01:08 PM   #2033
johnny9
1997 TJ Wrangler 

brake light bracket looks good..its a jeep,if ya use it who wants perfect anyhow,haha
if my old trucker mind remembers right,,if you have both antennas hooked up your radio wont work worth a crap compared to 1 antenna? unless there much farther apart..i think im right on this if memory serves me right.
but 1 can always be a spare
johnny9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 04:41 PM   #2034
mikesbeachhut
2003 TJ Wrangler 

In my past posts about my aluminum rockers you all asked for pics. well here they are minis the angle iron on bottom.4x4x1/4 aluminum angle ,raps under tub for more protection.Aluminum triangles will be welded to aluminum angle so angle iron can be bolted to the main rocker unit.In side the cab their will be another 1/4''aluminum plate to sandwitch the tub between them. Thats a 1/2'' thick rocker .3/8th ss button head bolts will put it all togeather.http://img383.imageshack.us/i/picture006v.jpg/
http://img263.imageshack.us/i/picture007n.jpg/
http://img43.imageshack.us/i/picture008jqm.jpg/
http://img404.imageshack.us/i/picture010b.jpg/
mikesbeachhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 06:09 PM   #2035
GreenJip

Quote:
Originally Posted by -sean- View Post
I made a TJ for my LJ.

More pics please........

()_)-()_)-o-)_)

8.8 Swap: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/8-8-swap-into-tj-build-thread-501704/
GreenJip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 07:35 PM   #2036
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny9 View Post
brake light bracket looks good..its a jeep,if ya use it who wants perfect anyhow,haha
if my old trucker mind remembers right,,if you have both antennas hooked up your radio wont work worth a crap compared to 1 antenna? unless there much farther apart..i think im right on this if memory serves me right.
they'll eventually be hooked to two different radios. A Cobra 75WXST and a Uniden BCT7. Right now the antennas aren't working at all...apparently I painted it too good, its not grounding!! I gotta wait till X-mas when I go home so I can get my SWR meter too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenJip View Post
More pics please........
maybe click the link in his sig?
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 08:02 PM   #2037
JBTJ
JEEPer For Life

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Your right, I'm sure it is 110 inches. To get the best preformance using co-phase antenna set-ups.
JBTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2009, 08:55 PM   #2038
randymack
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i made a half-door window roll down fastener! I bought Beige velcro tape (to match soft top and door color) and put one square on outside of cloth underneath bottom of window,and one on the inside. after i unzip windows i tightly roll it down and than fasten the velcro around the roll. perfect for drivin on highways with little flappin!
randymack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2009, 07:16 AM   #2039
Yesfan70
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by randymack View Post
i made a half-door window roll down fastener! I bought Beige velcro tape (to match soft top and door color) and put one square on outside of cloth underneath bottom of window,and one on the inside. after i unzip windows i tightly roll it down and than fasten the velcro around the roll. perfect for drivin on highways with little flappin!
Got any pics? I'm interested in seeing what it looks like.
Blue Jeep Club Member #193

Only in a Jeep...
Yesfan70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2009, 03:01 AM   #2040
nectoxicdragon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
you are correct, phased antennas need to be at least 1/4 wave apart or the radiation pattern gets skewed... at CB frequencies thats 108 inches, you can get a little closer than that without hosing everything but but closer than 48 inches and the pooch is errr stewed so to speak.
nectoxicdragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
home made , homemade , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.