now here are my pics. I got the headrests from a Pontiac Minivan for $5 in a junkyard, the u channel cost $10 and i did by a rasp for my drill for $3. not too bad for an $18 mod. now my kids will have neck support when they get out of the boosters.
Bye to the old - 1988 6 cyl 5 speed with a 94 rollbar, tomken 2x4 rocker skids and homebrewed OBA.
Hello to the New - 1999 TJ Sport 4.0L auto.. stock for now
I was just wondering why 4? Your profile shows a 2 door TJ, are you sharing with your friends?
getting ready to drive out to CO and Moab w/ a group of friends so last night I made 4 highway pegs.
you would be correct, i am sharing them with friends. actually one of the guys had knee surgery not too long ago and he needs to be able to stretch his leg out. so he asked me to make one and after i did the first one every one wanted one lol
I got my HP D30 w/ WJ crap, ARB, 4.10 front axle a little closer to completion. All that's left is to figure out the trackbar mounting, weld it on, weld the sway bar brackets, and figure out/weld the steering stabilizer.
Google Voice (or the number Grape calls when drunk): 845-476-8182
Very nice work, Vigher. I second the notion that you should share some details. These would be very nice for trailing with the family to help keep things in and out of the passenger area. It appears that you used the hammer type fasteners, almost like installing one side of a snap.
i 3rd that, really like the safari nets. good work, looks just as good as what you would buy from 4wd or quadratec. would love to see the write up on this one
My M8000 didn't come with a switch box bracket, so I made this one from a small sheet of aluminum diamond plate purchased at the local hardware store. I made a template from cardboard first for the test fit, then cut the alum. and bent it. It bolts to the allen screws that hold the spool spacer. I needed the wires to come out at the bottom so I had to turn the box cover 180 degrees. Otherwise I would have had a big red "M" in in the front. The hole for the wires is edged with rubber to keep them from getting chaffed. I used a jig saw with a fine tooth metal blade to cut it out. I wasn't sure how it was going to cut, but I found out the secret to cutting aluminum is soap. I ran a bead of dawn dishwashing detergent along the cut line and cut it all without wearing out one blade. I understand bar soap works well also.