I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 134 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 06-27-2009, 03:43 PM   #1996
cueball

Well, since i first saw the post for rear headrests in a TJ, i wanted to do it. I finally got to it in the last week or so. (did a little at a time). here is the original thread:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showt...59358&t=418613

now here are my pics. I got the headrests from a Pontiac Minivan for $5 in a junkyard, the u channel cost $10 and i did by a rasp for my drill for $3. not too bad for an $18 mod. now my kids will have neck support when they get out of the boosters.

Hello to the New - 1999 TJ Sport 4.0L auto.. stock for now
cueball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 06:35 AM   #1997
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cberrykix View Post
I was just wondering why 4? Your profile shows a 2 door TJ, are you sharing with your friends?
Quote:
getting ready to drive out to CO and Moab w/ a group of friends so last night I made 4 highway pegs.
you would be correct, i am sharing them with friends. actually one of the guys had knee surgery not too long ago and he needs to be able to stretch his leg out. so he asked me to make one and after i did the first one every one wanted one lol
cgmrdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 07:32 AM   #1998
timmyt
2006 LJ Wrangler 

finally got around to installing my homemade discos.

timmyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 08:18 AM   #1999
Divinitous
Disgruntled Jeepforum'er

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I got my HP D30 w/ WJ crap, ARB, 4.10 front axle a little closer to completion. All that's left is to figure out the trackbar mounting, weld it on, weld the sway bar brackets, and figure out/weld the steering stabilizer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo Ferrari
"The Jeep is Americas only real sports car!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlaine
"Jeeps do not make jeepers, jeepers make Jeeps."
Divinitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #2000
97TJGUZZY
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cberrykix View Post
97TJGUZZY:

Great job on the trailer. Wish I could find a junkyark with any Wranglers in it. I have read through this entire thread, and your trailer is the most impressive project, for quality and budget.
thanks man, got some new pics of it, still not done but getting closer:

also bought some raptor liner for the inside, but cant put it on for another 2 weeks.

Unread 06-29-2009, 08:26 PM   #2001
mightydog78
2013 JK Wrangler 

^that is reallllly sweet

Charlotte, NC / Southport, NC

Mechanical Engineer
mightydog78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2009, 07:58 AM   #2002
MUDY-TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Seriously , if you found enough Wrangler body's you could make them Trailers for a living.
MUDY-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #2003
BUBICON

thats just.. ok ill refrain.....
BUBICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 09:17 PM   #2004
BUBICON

sweet trailer..
BUBICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2009, 09:56 PM   #2005
StoutTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Homemade stinger/bumper combo:
BEFORE

AFTER

Unread 07-02-2009, 11:06 PM   #2006
thisgardengrove
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmorris View Post
Very nice work, Vigher. I second the notion that you should share some details. These would be very nice for trailing with the family to help keep things in and out of the passenger area. It appears that you used the hammer type fasteners, almost like installing one side of a snap.
i 3rd that, really like the safari nets. good work, looks just as good as what you would buy from 4wd or quadratec. would love to see the write up on this one
thisgardengrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 12:08 AM   #2007
shortydog33
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoutTJ View Post
Homemade stinger/bumper combo:
BEFORE

AFTER

That is beechin, nice work. If it is as strong as it is good looking youve done a great job.
shortydog33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 02:17 AM   #2008
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Guzzy, I dig that trailer. A lot. I love that you put the two different tailgates on it. That's perfect. Now you need to build a raised shell for it. Maybe even a mock soft top. That would be cool.

And that's a kick *** bumper/stinger Stout.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #2009
StoutTJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortydog33 View Post
That is beechin, nice work. If it is as strong as it is good looking youve done a great job.
yes sir, very beefy and solid.. Thanks alot also thankyou for the props bennet!
Unread 07-08-2009, 05:57 PM   #2010
GhostRiderLJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

My M8000 didn't come with a switch box bracket, so I made this one from a small sheet of aluminum diamond plate purchased at the local hardware store. I made a template from cardboard first for the test fit, then cut the alum. and bent it. It bolts to the allen screws that hold the spool spacer. I needed the wires to come out at the bottom so I had to turn the box cover 180 degrees. Otherwise I would have had a big red "M" in in the front. The hole for the wires is edged with rubber to keep them from getting chaffed. I used a jig saw with a fine tooth metal blade to cut it out. I wasn't sure how it was going to cut, but I found out the secret to cutting aluminum is soap. I ran a bead of dawn dishwashing detergent along the cut line and cut it all without wearing out one blade. I understand bar soap works well also.

GhostRiderLJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
home made , homemade , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.