I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 133 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-18-2009, 10:07 AM   #1981
ET48
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsahara1979 View Post
Did you use two tubs or just one?
Uhhhhh my tub doesnt have two tailgates

Yes, you would need two tubs to complete that trailer. Turned out great though!!

ET48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2009, 10:47 AM   #1982
jnyrad
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the help les!!!!!!
jnyrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2009, 01:55 PM   #1983
97TJGUZZY
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsahara1979 View Post
Did you use two tubs or just one?
its two tubs, one was really rusty and the only thing good on it was the rear part with the tailgate, the other one was in great shape, so we just put them together. I got the rusty one for free with a tailgate on it and I bought the back half of a good tub from a junkyard for $50 and then brought the front half i didnt use back to them.

I could make another one, but it wouldnt be cheap, there was alot of work put into cutting them to match up perfectly, also finding two tubs for a good deal is pretty hard. We have been gathering parts for this build since january, and just finally got everything together. Only took 2 weekends to build with 2 people wrenching on it.
Unread 06-22-2009, 04:29 PM   #1984
BlueTorch

Quote:
Originally Posted by heepyjeepy View Post
Made an ipod touch holder also downloaded a kick a$$ app for it. Made the holder out of aluminum with a waterjet cutter and painted it with acid etch paint. Anyone know how to boost the wi-fi with this thing because i would like to get better reception on the mapping/gps.

I like it. The new 3.0 firmware for the 2nd gen iPod Touch can connect to your car via bluetooth now. No more wires to connect your music. I updated my son's touch last night to work with his bluetooth head phones.

Anyway... I like the mount. Nice idea. I bet you could make a few of those and sell them. If you are interested in making them for sale let me know.

Dan

Check out our Facebook fan page!
www.facebook.com/bluetorchfab
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BlueTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2009, 08:39 AM   #1985
benwaballs
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTorch View Post
I like it. The new 3.0 firmware for the 2nd gen iPod Touch can connect to your car via bluetooth now. No more wires to connect your music. I updated my son's touch last night to work with his bluetooth head phones.

Anyway... I like the mount. Nice idea. I bet you could make a few of those and sell them. If you are interested in making them for sale let me know.

Dan
lol i have never seen that app nice setup
99 4.7 GC :: 6.5" IRO LA :: 33" Mickey Thompson MTZ :: Pro Comp Rims :: JKS Discos :: Bilstein 5125 :: JCR Stage 2 Sliders :: Addco RSB :: Borla Exhaust :: Superchips tuner :: TB Spacer :: Ebay Intake :: KOR Light Bar :: IPF lights :: Cobra 75wx ::
benwaballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2009, 08:41 AM   #1986
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyrad View Post
Thanks for the help les!!!!!!
??? Huh...?

EDIT: Oh... DUH! the "no click" LOL! :

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-23-2009, 09:09 AM   #1987
cberrykix
2000 TJ Wrangler 

97TJGUZZY:

Great job on the trailer. Wish I could find a junkyark with any Wranglers in it. I have read through this entire thread, and your trailer is the most impressive project, for quality and budget.
cberrykix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2009, 11:52 AM   #1988
shrubeck
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGATRTJ View Post
I made a HD tie rod.

Here is the tie rod and the sleeve

First I cut the sleeve down to the same length as the tie rod. 34-1/2" I believe.

I notched the end so that the stock strap would fit snuggly in the end and I would still be able to tighten. This also made the OEM tie rod snug in the sleeve. I did this to both ends.

Total cost: $0.00
Made a copy of this one last night for my Jeep. Total cost $13 for the pipe. I figure it will get me by better than stock until I can pony up for some real HD steering.

THANKS!!
Unread 06-25-2009, 08:31 PM   #1989
Vigher
2011 JK Wrangler 

Just got done making some homemade safari nets.

Vigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2009, 05:52 AM   #1990
TJ_ITmgr
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigher View Post

That looks great. Where did you get hte material and how did you go about making them. They look very professional. Writeup?
1997 TJ, 4.0, 5 Spd, Low miles, Rough Country 2.5" Suspension Lift, 3in body lift, Mega Short SYE and custom shaft, 33x12.50 Maxxis Bighorns, 15x8 Soft 8's, 8.8 Rear w/LS, HP D30 w/LockRight and 3.73's
TJ_ITmgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2009, 10:32 AM   #1991
jsmorris
Director of Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigher View Post
Very nice work, Vigher. I second the notion that you should share some details. These would be very nice for trailing with the family to help keep things in and out of the passenger area. It appears that you used the hammer type fasteners, almost like installing one side of a snap.

'89 Grand Wagoneer
jsmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2009, 01:42 PM   #1992
cgmrdc
1988 MJ Comanche 

getting ready to drive out to CO and Moab w/ a group of friends so last night I made 4 highway pegs.

its just a peice of solid rod, 1.5" angle, a 3/16 thick precut triangle to "box" the angle, and capped 1.25 tubing.

The wrap is some super fly bike handle bar tape

took less than an hour to do all 4, so the fab is nothin special, just scrap aroung the shop, but they are nice for stretchin out
cgmrdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2009, 09:00 AM   #1993
cberrykix
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Four foot pegs on a two door?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgmrdc View Post

getting ready to drive out to CO and Moab w/ a group of friends so last night I made 4 highway pegs.

its just a peice of solid rod, 1.5" angle, a 3/16 thick precut triangle to "box" the angle, and capped 1.25 tubing.

The wrap is some super fly bike handle bar tape

took less than an hour to do all 4, so the fab is nothin special, just scrap aroung the shop, but they are nice for stretchin out

I was just wondering why 4? Your profile shows a 2 door TJ, are you sharing with your friends?
cberrykix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2009, 02:00 PM   #1994
Rubiconmike

Made a new bracket for the locker pumps on the Rubi.

I installed a AEV skid the other day and wanted to

keep them closer to the stock location and away

from the front drive shaft.

The install instructions from AEV wanted me to bolt

them an inch or so from the front DS.

I figured that if/when i lose the DS i didn't want to

take them out as well.

No cut wires or air hose just two new holes in the skid.

Don't think the new holes have weakened the skid after all

all there stuff is very well made,thick and fit and finish

is tops in the industry.

Rubiconmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2009, 03:08 PM   #1995
eagles4094
1998 TJ Wrangler 

used autocad and made some designs for rock sliders
eagles4094 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
home made , homemade , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.