I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 131 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 06-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #1951
prd_cdn
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by heepyjeepy View Post
Made an ipod touch holder also downloaded a kick a$$ app for it. Made the holder out of aluminum with a waterjet cutter and painted it with acid etch paint. Anyone know how to boost the wi-fi with this thing because i would like to get better reception on the mapping/gps.

Very Cool Idea !!! Fantastic I like it

prd_cdn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2009, 07:34 PM   #1952
Jebussaves0
2002 TJ Wrangler 

^^^^ oooo that is awesome... they need to make a blackberry storm app that does that O_O
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara | 4.0L 5spd D44/D30 3.73s | Hurst Shifter | Hardwired Power Inverter | Hummer-Style CAI | 1" Rusty's BL/MML | AA TC Shifter Bracket | 2" BB | JKS Quicker Discos | 33x10.50R15 BFG KM2s | Alpine CDA-9886 HU | OTRATTW Switch Panel | G.P.F. Rear Bumper | Metalcloak Overline Fenders

M416 Trailer | In Progress
Jebussaves0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2009, 07:55 PM   #1953
hardcoreskimmer
1999 TJ Wrangler 

man its over, 6 days of looking and reading, but now its over, i'm sad.
i guess its time to go make about 15 mods that i have seen
hardcoreskimmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #1954
hardcoreskimmer
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heepyjeepy View Post
Made an ipod touch holder also downloaded a kick a$$ app for it. Made the holder out of aluminum with a waterjet cutter and painted it with acid etch paint. Anyone know how to boost the wi-fi with this thing because i would like to get better reception on the mapping/gps.

oh yes and that is freaking amazing
hardcoreskimmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2009, 08:15 PM   #1955
ice blue
2001 TJ Wrangler 

What is the name of that app? I cant find it, never mind I found it
ice blue is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2009, 08:28 PM   #1956
masterwacker
1997 TJ Wrangler 

just go to itunes store and in the search field type in "clinometer" and it pops up as one of the available apps to buy. It is only $1.99. Hope this helps
masterwacker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-01-2009, 08:29 PM   #1957
heepyjeepy
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ya, I just typed in "jeep" into the search on itunes and found this for $1.99 under the apps. Cant pass that one up, plus if/when you go into the yellow zone and red zone it begins to beep. The areas are adjustable too. I just measured the ipod then added .040 per side for room for felt and my case that is in the mail. I also added a slot on the bottom for the charger. Its nice you dont have to take your eyes off the road while changing songs. Thanks for the compliments
heepyjeepy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2009, 12:22 AM   #1958
rpiereck
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome weather today, so top is off! To make sure I keep my valuables I had to do something. I found this heavy plastic job box at our PX for $40, it seems to be made for the TJ, the width of the box fits snug without forcing it in the rear. To keep the box secure from someone just lifting and walking away I drilled a hole right above the rear seat belt hole and added some hardware from Home Depot. Tomorrow I'll buy two 4" locks that will secure the lid shut. Of course a motivated criminal can bust this, but the places I usually park at, an Army base, an Air Force base, and my neighborhood, have very low crime rates, so I am mostly looking to prevent opportunity crimes, where people will walk by and just grab what's unsecured. This box does it for me!

Top's off!

There is about 8" between the box and the tail gate, and about 12" between the box and the seats, so there's extra room for unsecured gear

The box open

At lot of room for my junk

The bolt holding it to the floor

The label on the box, called a King Kong All Purpose Job Box

I took a picture of the UPC label but it was out of focus, if anyone is interested in getting this box, I can take the picture again tomorrow, just let me know!

JKS Adjustable control arms - JKS 1.25" Body Lift - JKS 1" Engine Mount Lift
Old Man Emu 4" coils - Rancho 5000 shocks - Teraflex front adj trackbar - RE rear track bar bracket
33/12.5x15 Wrangler Duratracs - Tabor 12k Winch - Hella 500F Foglights
Hella Supertone Horns - Uniden CB radio

rpiereck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2009, 01:20 AM   #1959
gaTJgal

Nifty box. Instead of 4" locks what about locking hitch pins?

Tried to make a sub box....didn't work out to well. WIll try again tomorrow.
gaTJgal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2009, 01:22 AM   #1960
corndogduff

ill take your steelies if you take my moabs
UT Jeepcrew #13
NIGHTCREW
corndogduff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2009, 09:50 AM   #1961
JC KJ
2007 JK Wrangler 

You guys are Great at making things, keep up the good work.Gives me great ideas
JC KJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2009, 10:54 AM   #1962
flatlander757
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Here are my ghetto brake line retention brackets:

Still need to do some hard mounts for the ends of the rubber hoses so there is no flexing of the hard lines at all.

Also got some LCA/UCA brackets tacked together last night. They will be mounted inside the frame with the lower further inside and below to keep roll oversteer minimal and get an anti-dive % around 70.

The one w/ the upper control arm is for the driver's side.

I also made some calculations... does that count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
flatlander757 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2009, 10:55 AM   #1963
ET48
1986 CJ7 

Flat fender, pics aren't showing man.
ET48 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #1964
flatlander757
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET48 View Post
Flat fender, pics aren't showing man.
I noticed that when I posted... I just upgraded to Photobucket Pro because my bandwidth was exceeded. Too many people are following my build

Should be good now

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
flatlander757 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2009, 11:40 AM   #1965
jnyrad
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Carputer w/ 7" LCD In-Dash

This is my first post so I know can't post pics, so I'll just post a link to my write up on mp3car.com. For those of you that don't know what a carputer is. In short it is a computer in your car. It has sirius radio, gps, internet, dvd player, touchscreen & about 80 gigs of mp3's. Here is the link for the LCD Install: http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/fabr...7-install.html
jnyrad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
home made , homemade , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.