I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSpartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESpartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 04-24-2007, 07:37 AM   #181
Baotchi
2010 JK Wrangler 

Did you just buy a rectangular piece of steel and bent it yourself and cut the holes in it and mounted it ?

Unread 04-24-2007, 07:51 AM   #182
bluetjusn

Trail Rated LED turn signal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesycook
Side halo blinker. Basically a two wire LED blinker with a cheap knock off trail rated badge stuck over the top.

hey man i like that idea about the side led lights with the trail rated badge! where did you get the parts to make that at??
bluetjusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 10:07 AM   #183
badoosh27
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Thorty, does that thing help your gas milage. i've been wanting to do the same thing, but didnt know where to attatch it on the back end. i think that if you force the air down instead of it going through and around all the undercarriage it would flow better. i have a deer crossing street sign for my college klepto roomate that i think would work great for it. looks awesome dude.

[url]http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2634280[/url]
badoosh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 11:57 AM   #184
Thorty
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baotchi
Did you just buy a rectangular piece of steel and bent it yourself and cut the holes in it and mounted it ?
I went to the local locksmith with a drawing and some measures, he cut the steel an bended it for my demands.

I don't know, if the gas milage is affected by the skid, as I have another car for DD (I only made a few dozen miles since I put the skid on). On the other hand I have a LPG-system onboard, so the Jeep burns a propane/butane mix (that is called LPG or Autogas here). Autogas costs less than half of regular gas (0,60 Euro to 1,33 Euro per Liter!), so gas milage is nothing to be worried about at all
The best thing is that I have 50 gallons of Autogas additional to the 19 gallons of regular, so I can make about 500 miles without refueling the Jeep. The dark side of Autogas is that I've lost my backseat and almost all space behind the front seats:

Thorty

member of Jeep Club Germany
Thorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2007, 01:43 PM   #185
Baotchi
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorty
I went to the local locksmith with a drawing and some measures, he cut the steel an bended it for my demands.

I don't know, if the gas milage is affected by the skid, as I have another car for DD (I only made a few dozen miles since I put the skid on). On the other hand I have a LPG-system onboard, so the Jeep burns a propane/butane mix (that is called LPG or Autogas here). Autogas costs less than half of regular gas (0,60 Euro to 1,33 Euro per Liter!), so gas milage is nothing to be worried about at all
The best thing is that I have 50 gallons of Autogas additional to the 19 gallons of regular, so I can make about 500 miles without refueling the Jeep. The dark side of Autogas is that I've lost my backseat and almost all space behind the front seats.

Thorty
Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick! Man I love that. I need to get info about that Autogas...
Unread 04-25-2007, 08:53 AM   #186
NOVATJ
1996 TJ Wrangler 

I made a Windjammer out of my old top. It still needs some reinforcement around the holes I cut, and I plan to fold the edges over and sew them. The straps at the top are from the bikini.

1997 TJ SE - 2.25" Budget Boost, Hydros, 31" Sigma Stampedes
NOVATJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 10:54 AM   #187
mike_dippert
hodophobic

2005 LJ Wrangler 

wish i would've thought of that before i threw my old one away
JF taught me that the 2.5L, Ax-5 and D35 together are so powerful that angels weep when I shift into 4LO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The only thing a bicycle inner tube is good for, is tying a knot in the end of when you run out of condoms.
mike_dippert is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 12:37 PM   #188
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Thorty, what kind of horsepower decrease do you see with the autogas?

Raskull - Metallic Silver '03 Jeep TJ Sport (pic)
http://myjeeptj.com <- Write-ups on mods/maintenance/trips and a video/image gallery
Custom front bumper build
Custom rockers build
My build thread
raskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 12:55 PM   #189
35sUnlimited
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Made a half top work on my LJ

Here's the link:
http://jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=328282
35sUnlimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2007, 02:39 PM   #190
Thorty
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by raskull
Thorty, what kind of horsepower decrease do you see with the autogas?
the loss with Autogas (LPG => liquefied petroleum gas) is neglectable, the 4.0 has plenty of power. This is one big advantage to the other alternative power source, CNG (compressed natural gas, you lose ~10-15% of power).
But you get 10-20% less milage out of Autogas compared to gasoline, my TJ needed 20 ltrs of regular per 100km (~12mpg), with LPG it burns 23 ltrs per 100km (~10 mpg).
The acceptation of alternative power sources keeps growing and growing here because of the rising oil prices, in Germany we have now 2400 LPG filling stations (most are placed at normal petrol stations), one year ago there were just 1200, and every month 100 new stations are going to be opened. So the supply situation is not bad at all and still gets better every day.
I've reached the break even point for installing the LPG system on my TJ (3800 Euros = ~ US$5000) after only 15.000 miles on LPG

Thorty

member of Jeep Club Germany
Thorty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2007, 04:02 PM   #191
rdhclark
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Does anyone have a suggestion and details for a homemade fire extinguisher holder/rack?
rdhclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2007, 04:16 PM   #192
5artist5
1972 CJ5 

I do. Get yourself 4 piston connecting rods.
Two need to have the crankshaft opening the same ID as your rollbar and 2 have the same ID as the extinguisher. Now obviously you can modify them to fit right. Use sleeves or grinders etc. Then cut the piston ends of them off and weld one of each together. Use bolts to close the halves on the roll bar side and figure out a quick release setup for the extinguisher side.

You may need to get hold of a big/old engine on the extinguisher side to have a crank journal that's big enough. Try WW2 aircraft con rods....

Just an idea

72 CJ5 258-3spd d30-d20-d44
[QUOTE=Bsktbll109;6293409]Does your rearend guy do gears?[/QUOTE]
5artist5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2007, 10:44 PM   #193
stedwest
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhclark
Does anyone have a suggestion and details for a homemade fire extinguisher holder/rack?

I used 2" square perf tubing to raise up my driver's seat. The pieces are 14" long, and fit between the seat slider, and pedestal. The extinguisher bracket is bolted along side the seat, next to the door. It keeps it off the ground, and out of the way.

(I'll have to get my 15-year old to show me how to post pics!)

Last edited by stedwest; 04-28-2007 at 07:31 AM..
stedwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2007, 10:01 PM   #194
sparkeep
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradG
put a blown fuse in the clutch override slot so when they go to check that (assuming they know anything about Jeeps, they'll hopefully not be able to figure it out).
If they know anything about jeeps, they will put it in 4LO to start it and then put it back into high range and drive away. Clutch safety is disabled in low range.
Toronto, ON, Canada
sparkeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2007, 06:05 AM   #195
BradG
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkeep
If they know anything about jeeps, they will put it in 4LO to start it and then put it back into high range and drive away. Clutch safety is disabled in low range.
No ****? Wow. Never knew that. Will have to try it today.
2003 TJ X Silver | 31x10.50x15 BFG A/Ts | 10k front tow hooks, factory rear tow hook | 2" coil spacers | Cobra 19 with RatShack 102" stainless whip on an Arizona RockyRoad tire carrier mount | Kilby Steering Box Skid | AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders | Olympic Slider Rear Bumper w Receiver | Skid Row Engine/Oil/Tranny skid (still sitting in my living room)
BradG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
home made , homemade , tj

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.