I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 120 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-12-2009, 05:36 PM   #1786
victoro
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Storage II

Here a few additional pics, this was quite an esay build, the hardest part was the aux battery...........

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/s...o/100_4039.jpg

http://i579.photobucket.com/albums/s...o/100_4040.jpg

victoro is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2009, 06:08 PM   #1787
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoro View Post
Here a few additional pics, this was quite an esay build, the hardest part was the aux battery...........

Click free. I like the attention to detail.

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it” -- Mark Twain

† Christian Jeep Club †
Romans 12:5 | 1 Peter 3:15 | Matthew 9:37-38
bman9089 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2009, 09:23 PM   #1788
flatlander757
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomberJeep View Post
Tony do you think thats safe
Definitely.

Honestly I'd trust the factory tank before an aluminum fuel cell. Those plastic tanks are damn near impossible to break.

I've seen countless fuel cells fallen off, burst open, ripped entirely off their mounting brackets etc. I've never seen a hole in a stock tank yet. Dented to the point that it causes weird fuel gauge readings yes, but not entirely failed.

As far as fume go, if/when I feel like running a full soft top I'll probably extend the breather to outside the vehicle and it should be good to go.

Onto my read bumper I more-or-less made:

I did have Eddie/BESRK cut holes for and weld in the hitch and 1x3" D-ring shackle mounts as I don't have a plasma cutted to make quick work of that. I got a Rokmen bumper mounting kit and did that myself. Still need to put the spring shackle hangers on the bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 Sport
Being able to make vroom vroom noises in Tonys Jeep was the highlight of my life.
Currently Jeepless.
flatlander757 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2009, 09:31 PM   #1789
488TJ
1988 YJ Wrangler 

here are my ox locker switches
488TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2009, 10:23 PM   #1790
flexsaharatj
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 488TJ View Post
here are my ox locker switches
holy hell those are switches

that's insane haha... E-brake is gna be a pain no? especially bc it's a stick (or just leave it in gear)

Firefighters Jeep Club
flexsaharatj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2009, 10:34 PM   #1791
488TJ
1988 YJ Wrangler 

its for the lockers, can still pull the ebrake but i always leave her in gear
Unread 04-14-2009, 09:58 AM   #1792
MUDY-TJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

488TJ How did you run/direct your cables ??

Are you able to show them?
MUDY-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2009, 03:38 PM   #1793
488TJ
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDY-TJ View Post
488TJ How did you run/direct your cables ??

Are you able to show them?
i drilled a hole under the center console and threw the cup holder, (cause i dont use them anyways) and ran them threw the floor and along the frame trying not to have to much bend cause then the dont work as well. then to the axles. i wish u couldnt see the cables but...
Unread 04-22-2009, 03:43 PM   #1794
shaggy525
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I am in the process of fabing a custom bumper with a tire carrier. I want to know where to find the hinge and latch for the tire carrier. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
shaggy525 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 05:49 PM   #1795
prd_cdn
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy525 View Post
I am in the process of fabing a custom bumper with a tire carrier. I want to know where to find the hinge and latch for the tire carrier. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.
DUDE~!~ use the search function / google and this is I MADE A for my Jeep.. not HOW DO I..??? Thats how I found out my information..

Took my bumper off, fabbed up my winch plate.. did some painting.. found rust on my 4x4 lights ~!!
prd_cdn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 10:49 PM   #1796
shaggy525
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by prd_cdn View Post
DUDE~!~ use the search function / google and this is I MADE A for my Jeep.. not HOW DO I..??? Thats how I found out my information..
Yeah, so I have run the search, read many threads and haven't really found what I'm looking for. Thanks for the idea though.

BTW I have looked through this thread and I am not the first to ask for some insight on a particular project.
shaggy525 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2009, 11:29 PM   #1797
Oregun
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I forgot about this thread.

I posted this a few weeks back in TJ Tech, but here it goes again.

My 20mm ammo can center console.

Oregun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2009, 06:13 AM   #1798
Neoxxis
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregun View Post
I forgot about this thread.
I posted this a few weeks back in TJ Tech, but here it goes again.
My 20mm ammo can center console.

Looks rough for the elbow...
Unread 04-23-2009, 06:28 AM   #1799
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I was so totally going to do that cnsole after seeing your write up. But, my fiance totally hated the idea. I feel I should consider her input since she does actually help me work on the Jeep all the time.

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-23-2009, 07:50 AM   #1800
Jebussaves0
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy525 View Post
Yeah, so I have run the search, read many threads and haven't really found what I'm looking for. Thanks for the idea though.

BTW I have looked through this thread and I am not the first to ask for some insight on a particular project.

You didn't search very hard.... http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/rear-bumper-w-swingout-tire-carrier-follow-along-101332/ . BESRK has stated countless times in there where he gets all of his parts.
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sahara | 4.0L 5spd D44/D30 3.73s | Hurst Shifter | Hardwired Power Inverter | Hummer-Style CAI | 1" Rusty's BL/MML | AA TC Shifter Bracket | 2" BB | JKS Quicker Discos | 33x10.50R15 BFG KM2s | Alpine CDA-9886 HU | OTRATTW Switch Panel | G.P.F. Rear Bumper | Metalcloak Overline Fenders

M416 Trailer | In Progress
Jebussaves0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
home made , homemade , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.