I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 04-18-2007, 11:03 PM   #151
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcguy
new homemade bumper, just finished installing it today.

I have an 06 rubicon unlimited, so I had longer rear corners than normal to protect from rocks etc... so I did this wraparound rear bumper to keep the tub safe

Use your screen name, start a company: Bulldog Bumpers. Make some Money and buy more jeep stuff.

I think it looks great by the way, you should be proud!

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it” -- Mark Twain

† Christian Jeep Club †
Romans 12:5 | 1 Peter 3:15 | Matthew 9:37-38
bman9089 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2007, 12:57 AM   #152
Varnish
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Keeping with the cb mount theme
'99 XJ 4dr SE
Varnish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2007, 08:08 AM   #153
sardog12
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ-Marine PA
Couldn't they just pull the clutch safety switch fuse from the fuse panel? Not knocking the overall design or saying that most thieves would think of that but I would recommend putting the kill switch in a more disabling circuit like the starter circuit w/ a relay or the ignition switch circuit.
That's the point, so would they. How many thieves do you think would think to trace the cluch line to try to find the defeat switch? And yet, it is still easy to switch on and off at will.
Unread 04-19-2007, 10:17 AM   #154
TJ-Marine PA
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sardog12
That's the point, so would they. How many thieves do you think would think to trace the cluch line to try to find the defeat switch? And yet, it is still easy to switch on and off at will.
I guess the only thieves you would have to worry about are ones that have had jeeps. A fail safe method for this switch might be to make it so the switch enables two or more relays controlling systems vital to starting. They might find one of the overrides but not all.
JarHead Jeep Club Member #8 www.bbnt4x4.org
Go Pittsburgh!!! Go Penn State!!!
TJ-Marine PA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2007, 10:18 AM   #155
TJ-Marine PA
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I'm thinking about doing one of these switches this summer. Does anyone have a link to the desrciption of how to set this system up?
JarHead Jeep Club Member #8 www.bbnt4x4.org
Go Pittsburgh!!! Go Penn State!!!
TJ-Marine PA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2007, 02:03 PM   #156
BradG
2003 TJ Wrangler 

put a blown fuse in the clutch override slot so when they go to check that (assuming they know anything about Jeeps, they'll hopefully not be able to figure it out).
2003 TJ X Silver | 31x10.50x15 BFG A/Ts | 10k front tow hooks, factory rear tow hook | 2" coil spacers | Cobra 19 with RatShack 102" stainless whip on an Arizona RockyRoad tire carrier mount | Kilby Steering Box Skid | AtoZ Fabrication Rock Sliders | Olympic Slider Rear Bumper w Receiver | Skid Row Engine/Oil/Tranny skid (still sitting in my living room)
BradG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2007, 02:31 PM   #157
XabuJr
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradG
put a blown fuse in the clutch override slot so when they go to check that (assuming they know anything about Jeeps, they'll hopefully not be able to figure it out).
Or just buy a hood lock then there is no looking under the hood at all.

'88 YJ, 33's, auto, 4.2L. Many pieces waiting to be put in!
XabuJr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2007, 03:39 PM   #158
GDog984
1999 TJ Wrangler 

my cargo rack:
[/QUOTE]

Do you have anymore pics of this? I really want to make one.
Unread 04-20-2007, 02:47 AM   #159
DogHouse
1997 TJ Wrangler 

mounting brackets:

DogHouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2007, 10:49 AM   #160
GDog984
1999 TJ Wrangler 

awesome I think I am going to make one of those...
GDog984 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2007, 11:29 AM   #161
tjmas
2012 WK 

Things I made

I have made a couple of things myself for my 97 TJ. Unfortunately one of them may be a great invention, so I am going to hold onto it until it's patented, sorry.

Clothes ring holder (nylon straps, steel ring, and nylon strap loop)

12" Sub speaker box with Hi lift jack mounted to the top for easy access, kept out of the elements (for 48" Jack)

CB Rollbar holder

FYI, Just bought LED light bulbs for instrument cluster in blue, and with the white face gauges off ebay, it's a sweet look.

tjmas
tjmas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2007, 11:41 AM   #162
tjmas
2012 WK 

Sorry, forgot some others.

built a hood release since I got black grille inserts, works great.

built a fire extinguisher holder with muffler clamps

and an amplifier base out of plexi glass to stop it from moving around.

Just finished replacing the front 4 x 6" speakers with new 5 1/4" template and soundproofing.

When I get a new front bumper to accomodate the winch, I will add locks to it, since I heard from this great forum that even winches can get stolen.

Thanks to all on Jeep forum!
tjmas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2007, 12:47 PM   #163
tjchad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ-Marine PA
I guess the only thieves you would have to worry about are ones that have had jeeps. A fail safe method for this switch might be to make it so the switch enables two or more relays controlling systems vital to starting. They might find one of the overrides but not all.

I believe the ADE controls the fuel pump system and, correct me if I'm wrong, the starter circuit.

Check out Jeeps Unlimited and search for ADE or "automatic disable enable" you will find a thread from DALESS2 who came up wit the system. He has full write up and a link to his home page with a Word D/L. All directions and pics are in the doc.

here's the thread on JU:

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...tomatic+enable
tjchad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2007, 01:42 AM   #164
frankiejr

Glove Box Registration

You are all probably going to think this is super dorky, but there's an explanation.

I live in the city. Unfortunately I've seen a few cars on my street on my bike ride into work that were robbed, from Civics with no wheels sitting on piles of newspapers to Wranglers with slashed soft tops. People will break into your car here for thirty cents on your floor. They often just "scoop" your glovebox contents into a bag and run.

I'm always worried about people just scooping the registration, then I'd have to run to the RMV to wait an hour and a half to spend $15 to get a new one. This is a pretty stupid mod but it works.

I used sticky velcro to stick my registration to the bottom of my glovebox. It won't get thrown out accidentally, won't get scooped, and it's just out of the way. Put a golf pencil in there in case I ever have to fill out that accident report form. Here's a pic:

Yeah, dorky, but it works.

.frankiejr

Last edited by frankiejr; 04-21-2007 at 02:54 AM..
frankiejr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2007, 04:16 AM   #165
GreenJip

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiejr
You are all probably going to think this is super dorky, but there's an explanation.

Yeah, dorky, but it works.

.frankiejr
Thats not dorky man, thats genius! Way to think outside the box .
GreenJip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
home made , homemade , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.