I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 106 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 01-20-2009, 11:40 PM   #1576
Rubiconmike

Ok i'll bite.

I made a small bracket to mount my C.B. aux speaker to my role bar.

I got to tig weld. It was fun.

Rubiconmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2009, 05:02 PM   #1577
jeepfreaktj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Radio Delete plate/ switch panel

Ok here it is, Final install pics. I still have to replace my 2 momentary switches, because the electronics place sold me push OFF switches instead of push ON switches. Anyhow those came in this afternoon, but I did not have a chance to go pick them up. It works *****'n though. I also have some super bright LED's but they were a bit too bright and distracting for that close to the dash, even with me having a prosthetic right eye, they were still annoying to me. I like the look of these red ones anyhow. They have a kinda square pattern inside them.

So total cost of the switches, switch covers, lights, etc was about $90. I had the aluminum left over from another project, and have a little more left too. I machined this out at school with a bridgeport mill. I plan on making a few more so if someone would like one holler at me, and I will machine it for a fair price plus shipping to you. I can also add the switches, and stuff as well. I siliconed it in to the dash, so that at a later time I could remove it if I wanted. At first I wanted to Epoxy it in, but I decided that silicone was a much better and cleaner choice. Only cost $4 too. The 3 covered switches will run a rear light for back up and will be removable for use when changing a tire or pissing off someone with high beams on behind me. Another will be used for the Front windshield mounted KC Day lighters, and The final covered switch will be used to control power to the winch momentary switches. on the far right, they are the button switches. The remaining other 3 uncovered switches will be for random use, when I figure out what for I will let you all know. lol The 4, 12 volt outlets are fused as well as all of the switches. Relays will be used as needed too. So without further ado, here are the pics. Enjoy

Will
dsc06441.jpg   dsc06446.jpg   dsc06444.jpg   dsc06445.jpg   dsc06442.jpg  

jeepfreaktj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2009, 05:10 PM   #1578
muskoka
TJ

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfreaktj View Post
Ok here it is, Final install pics. I still have to replace my 2 momentary switches, because the electronics place sold me push OFF switches instead of push ON switches. Anyhow those came in this afternoon, but I did not have a chance to go pick them up. It works *****'n though. I also have some super bright LED's but they were a bit too bright and distracting for that close to the dash, even with me having a prosthetic right eye, they were still annoying to me. I like the look of these red ones anyhow. They have a kinda square pattern inside them.

So total cost of the switches, switch covers, lights, etc was about $90. I had the aluminum left over from another project, and have a little more left too. I machined this out at school with a bridgeport mill. I plan on making a few more so if someone would like one holler at me, and I will machine it for a fair price plus shipping to you. I can also add the switches, and stuff as well. I siliconed it in to the dash, so that at a later time I could remove it if I wanted. At first I wanted to Epoxy it in, but I decided that silicone was a much better and cleaner choice. Only cost $4 too. The 3 covered switches will run a rear light for back up and will be removable for use when changing a tire or pissing off someone with high beams on behind me. Another will be used for the Front windshield mounted KC Day lighters, and The final covered switch will be used to control power to the winch momentary switches. on the far right, they are the button switches. The remaining other 3 uncovered switches will be for random use, when I figure out what for I will let you all know. lol The 4, 12 volt outlets are fused as well as all of the switches. Relays will be used as needed too. So without further ado, here are the pics. Enjoy

Will

Nicely done very clean - even with one eye

did you run power right from the Batt?

M
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club #36
muskoka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2009, 05:20 PM   #1579
kolten493
2000 TJ Wrangler 

have you tried plugging domething into the 12V outlets yet? just wondering how the dilicone would handle the pressure. looks great man. i plan on plating where my ash tray is like you did and installing in cab winch controls...or i may mount them overhead on my cage spreaders
Unread 01-22-2009, 05:27 PM   #1580
jeepfreaktj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks M. Yes it is Direct power. I ran a 4 gauge wire from my batt. into the cab, and installed a fused dist. block on the a/c duct right behind where the radio normally goes. that is the clear box in one of the pics. I do have the ability to run a relay and make the power switched(I also have a keyed on dist. set up stashed back in there as well.) I wanted this particular set up to be constantly powered. I am currently looking or a good used Tuffy 2 compartment over head locking console. So that I can run my Stereo and a CB up there. If anyone has questions feel free to drop me a pm. Or if you want more pics just holler. Oh yeah the solderless terminals are just temporary. I will solder them all once I finally get it all tested out.

Thanks

Will
Unread 01-22-2009, 05:30 PM   #1581
jeepfreaktj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

YEs I tried them, and all the guys at school did too, if you use 100% real silicone and make sure the surfaces are clean it will hold extremely well. If you have doubts, use E6000. That stuff is wicked. I was thinking of mounting my winch controls there in the ashtray area as well, but I really did not want to reach that low while winching.
Unread 01-22-2009, 05:37 PM   #1582
muskoka
TJ

2005 TJ Wrangler 

... was not even thinking about the stereo equpment as its a JEEP and a speed you can't here it anyway...
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Club #36
muskoka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2009, 06:21 PM   #1583
deltabravo

well it started out as a one-off idea a long time ago but I never got it made........

Finally, right before Christmas I got it done.

I soon came to the conclusion that this is so cool, that others might want it too.

I couldn't leave stuff in the dash tray, because it ends up on the floor, in the passenger's lap, etc. Cup holders need used for beverages (bottle of water or two) center console with the subwoofer is about worthless do to its lack of space, but I still wanted someplace to put small items I want quick access to, like handheld radio, cell phone or other trinkets.

I can put various pouches and stuff on this and arrange them to my liking.

deltabravo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2009, 06:44 PM   #1584
neZZr
Lifted/Locked/Rolled/Sunk

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltabravo View Post
well it started out as a one-off idea a long time ago but I never got it made........

Finally, right before Christmas I got it done.

I soon came to the conclusion that this is so cool, that others might want it too.

I couldn't leave stuff in the dash tray, because it ends up on the floor, in the passenger's lap, etc. Cup holders need used for beverages (bottle of water or two) center console with the subwoofer is about worthless do to its lack of space, but I still wanted someplace to put small items I want quick access to, like handheld radio, cell phone or other trinkets.

I can put various pouches and stuff on this and arrange them to my liking.

The end result was I got some professionally made put them in my store.

http://www.4x4led.com/packs/overhead...e/overhead.htm
Nice! Definitely on my list!

I'll be Savvy someday!
neZZr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2009, 07:09 PM   #1585
deltabravo

The ones I had made have 4 straps as opposed to the three straps shown in the pic above.
deltabravo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2009, 08:47 PM   #1586
jeepfreaktj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

LOL sure you can hear it It just has to be LOUD enough

Im fixing to Build one of SirGcal's in-seat sub boxes for the back seat with a JL audio 10" sub in it, and Replace my sound bar speakers again, when I put in the Cd player. I have been using my sirius satelite radio hooked to an amp running my dash and sound bar speakers. I don't expect it to be super loud, but want it to be clean and clear. My jeep at this point is not a dedicated offroad vehicle. So that means I have to keep the family happy as well If my kids had it their way it would have flip down or in seat Screens for the road trips we like to take in it. It is actually one of the most fun jeeps I have ever had. My favorite other than this TJ, was my Scrambler. I really miss it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuskTJ View Post
... was not even thinking about the stereo equpment as its a JEEP and a speed you can't here it anyway...
Unread 01-22-2009, 08:58 PM   #1587
jeepfreaktj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

DeltaBravo. That is a sweet set up. I really like the idea, but the only problem I have is THEFT here. I go to college from 7 am till 5 pm and I am not close to my jeep for the majority of that time. Even though I check it often I am not able to be next to it like I used to be to my vehicles. So that is why I want the tuffy locking overhead console. That way, I can lock up my CB and Stereo. The only real reason I am even going to put in a stereo is for my kids. They don't always like the sirius, but I sure do. My daughter likes to make her own cd's or load stuff on her mp3 player to play through the stereo, and It will most likely eliminate one am for me as well. Space is tight in Tj's we all know that though. I am going to pass on your site to some friends who have been looking for something like that overhead set up. I see you do LED lights too. I've already got a couple of suppliers for my LED needs, but I do like some of yours too. Great site and info there too. thanks for sharing. I will be doing the round rear tail light conversion sometime in the next 3 or 4 months. School is just really busy right now.

Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltabravo View Post
The ones I had made have 4 straps as opposed to the three straps shown in the pic above.
Unread 01-22-2009, 08:58 PM   #1588
default_user2

Posted this on "what did you do to your TJ today" and realized this would be better on here.

Actually did this yesterday but I put in a rear door dome light switch.

Full write up here

default_user2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2009, 09:02 PM   #1589
bigman7878
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I made some 1/8th inch thick steel diamond plate rocker panels and im in the process of making a new front winch bumper

bigman7878 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2009, 08:42 AM   #1590
LandoCommando
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfreaktj View Post
Will
That is a bit of snazzy right there.
I like it.

Oh the irony.
LandoCommando is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
home made , homemade , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.