I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here) - Page 105 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I made a _____ for my TJ! (post your homemade Jeep stuff here)

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 01-15-2009, 01:44 PM   #1561
Rubiconmike

I made a back up light for my jeep.
Been runing it for three years or so.

It really makes a hole in the night.

I wired it up to the trany via a relay.
so no switches.

People ask me why i didn't use a switch.
I say i'd just leave it on all the time to ward off tail snifers.

Rubiconmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #1562
dbbd1

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID_Zizzer View Post
I made an overhead CB mount out of 1x2 tubing that was laying around the garage. The wiring is all ran down behind the passenger side window trim. I also added an LED dash light under the CB.

Great job! For those of you that are not as handy (or have the time), a place called Arizona Rocky Road sells something similiar on ebay for about $60.00. Those kind mount to the top cross-bar (the bar above your door frames) bolts and goes takes 2 minutes to install (cb install takes longer though), no holes to drill

The only problem that you have with anyone in this world, is what you expect of them.

Society is no match for a stupid person.

"Life Is tough but it is tougher when you are stupid"

-John Wayne
dbbd1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2009, 01:50 PM   #1563
dbbd1

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubiconmike View Post
Hey that opens up a hole new place to put things in the Tj's.

WAY TO GO!!!

Hey dbbd1 Can you show me a photo of you're antena mount
on the back of yer tj?

I just got a cobra 75 wx and was just going to drill a hole
on top of the tire mount on the pasenger side.
But it looks like your'es is on a bracket or some thing.

The higher the coil above the roof the better so the signal
can bounce.

Pic this weekend but I bought it on ebay from Arizona Rocky Road for about $40.00. It would not be hard to fab up, I was just in a hurry. And you are right about the signal. I like mine though because it just barely sticks above the roofline with a 3' firestik. Top-loaded sticks help too (like the firestik).

The only problem that you have with anyone in this world, is what you expect of them.

-John Wayne
Unread 01-17-2009, 05:12 PM   #1564
dbbd1

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubiconmike View Post
Hey dbbd1 Can you show me a photo of you're antena mount
on the back of yer tj?

Here you go

2 side views

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Back view

Looking down at the mount. It mounts to the spare mounts

[IMG][/IMG]

okay not sure why the pic's are sideways. I corrected them on P-bucket but they still showed up wrong, sorry

-John Wayne
Unread 01-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #1565
jeepfreaktj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thats a good lookin Antenna mount. I am almost done with my radio Delete plate/Switch/power plug panel. Here is a pic of it. I posted some a while back, but had to put it on the back burner. I will epoxy it in tonight and then install it tomorrow. Enjoy Comments are more than welcome.

Will
image_086.jpg  
jeepfreaktj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2009, 05:31 PM   #1566
dbbd1

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Hmmm, plenty of power ports. I need 13 of them in my work van, so I know the value of having one when you need it. Looks good. (but no music???)

-John Wayne
Unread 01-17-2009, 07:00 PM   #1567
jeepfreaktj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

There are tunes in the form of a Sirius Satelite radio ran into an amp and then into the speakers. I will be getting a 2 compartment lockable overhead console in a month or less, and that will hold a cd player and my cobra 148 CB I have a 4 gauge wire run inside behind my dash where the radio used to be as well. It is fused and has 2 more 8 gauge outlets on it as well. I also have one more 12 power outlet on the tranny hump by the passenger foot. I also have a 3000 watt 120 volt power inverter that I am fixing to install too.

Will
jeepfreaktj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2009, 09:35 PM   #1568
prd_cdn
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfreaktj View Post
Thats a good lookin Antenna mount. I am almost done with my radio Delete plate/Switch/power plug panel. Here is a pic of it. I posted some a while back, but had to put it on the back burner. I will epoxy it in tonight and then install it tomorrow. Enjoy Comments are more than welcome.

Will
Nice lookin panel !! Good Job
prd_cdn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-17-2009, 09:37 PM   #1569
MM1Jeeper
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Will
Nice...wanna make me one too??
Unread 01-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #1570
Rubiconmike

Quote:

Will
Nice job looks really pro.
Here is a place to get more ideas from.
http://www.12voltguy.com/web/

Today I'm installing my C.B.
Bought bulk coaxle cable and ends for the antenna
so i don't have to drill a really big hole to get it
in side the tub.
I'll post photos up in a bit.
Rubiconmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2009, 02:38 PM   #1571
dragginwagon406
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Nearly finished my bumper and swing out tire carrier.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/diy-rear-bumper-562271/
dragginwagon406 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2009, 05:00 PM   #1572
VLT
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Any ideas on a homemade hard top carrier

I don't have a garage to store my hard top...was thinking of selling it because of that, but I really like it. I'm a woman and it's heavy. Any ideas of something homemade to put it on to wheel to the back yard. Back yard is hard to get to and kind of a tight spot on the way back there. I don't want to spend money on the ones you can buy. It's also rough terrain to get back to my house so little wheels wouldn't work and I have to be careful of the glass. Just thought someone might have some ideas. Thanks!
VLT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2009, 05:30 PM   #1573
GREASEMONKEY
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLT View Post
I don't have a garage to store my hard top...was thinking of selling it because of that, but I really like it. I'm a woman and it's heavy. Any ideas of something homemade to put it on to wheel to the back yard. Back yard is hard to get to and kind of a tight spot on the way back there. I don't want to spend money on the ones you can buy. It's also rough terrain to get back to my house so little wheels wouldn't work and I have to be careful of the glass. Just thought someone might have some ideas. Thanks!
One of the carts for the top is actually not a bad idea, and just get some penumatic over sized casters from home depot/lowes. For getting it on & off, there are several different options out there!
My Ammo Can Console
------------------------------------------------------
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
GREASEMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2009, 10:45 AM   #1574
Faramir66103
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VLT View Post
Any ideas of something homemade to put it on to wheel to the back yard. Back yard is hard to get to and kind of a tight spot on the way back there.
Here's a great design that I followed (and slightly modified) that works very well for my wife and I.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/i-made-_____-my-tj-post-your-homemade-jeep-stuff-here-385553-post5954569/

I added a bar across the front (to make it a box instead of a "U") for added strength. You could substitute pneumatic wheeled casters for the little ones and you'd be good to go. It was easy to make with simple hand tools.

HTH,
Adam
'99 TJ Sport, 4.0 I6, 5 speed manual transmission, Hi Lift w/offroad kit, Viair 450C compressor, Garmin GPS, Skid Row Engine/Transmission, steering box & radiator skid plates, Kilby gas tank plate, AtoZ Fab full length rocker guards, Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift, OME 2.5" HD springs & shocks, JKS trackbars front & rear, BFG AT 33x12.5r15, EBC Yellow pads and Centric rotors
Faramir66103 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2009, 11:00 AM   #1575
VLT
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you dbornemann

For the hardtop storage idea.
VLT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
home made , homemade , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.