I Gotta Lift Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > I Gotta Lift Question

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiBushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Unread 07-17-2003, 12:39 AM   #1
zzquik

I Gotta Lift Question

Ok, I noticed how it said that the Rubi in the new Tomb Raider movie had a 4" susp. lift and 35" tires. Is that possible? If so, is it recommended. I thought that for every one inch lift you get you go up one inch in tire. Im still contemplating on what lift to get and how big..I want to fit 35's but I dont know how big a lift you have to get. I was thinking about 3 in susp. 2 in body but now I dont know.. I would appreciated the feedback

zzquik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2003, 02:32 AM   #2
cspann

wrong section

not to be a smart ***, but i think you might get more feedback if you posted in the LIFTS/SHOCKS/TIRES section... Good luck
Locked up front
ATOZ rockers ([B]the best Ive found[/B])
a litle bit of armor, more to come
Super 35 w\Detroit coming in soon.
and then sum.........
cspann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2003, 12:32 PM   #3
macb

you should probably post in the lift section...is this a rubi your talking about?

2" body won't look very good, seen it - yuck, I got a buddy with 4.5" lift on a rubi and 33s and it will stuff em pretty good but they don't rub.

[url=http://www.cafepress.com/H2RT]No Bling - H2 Recovery Gear[/url]

Bob Supplee:supplee@ionet.net or (405) 799-8977
Stu Olson's great jeep resource site: [url=http://www.stu-offroad.com]www.stu-offroad.com[/url]
macb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2003, 01:57 PM   #4
TotalJeep

3" suspension lift w/2" BL will work but it's not the best set up for 35's. Either go 6" lift or 4" lift w/1" BL for the 35's. If you want to get real expensive you could run the Tera-Flex 4" long arm LCG kit. In a recent review of the Tera-Flex 4" long arm LCG kit the jeep w/the system ran 37's. The magazine was 4wheeldrive and sport utility.
RE 4.5 kit or 5.5 kit would also work well w/35's. Good luck
TotalJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2003, 08:53 PM   #5
KILLERtj

Heres the Jeep I know:
1. RE4.5" lift running 35's--no prob
2. Tera 4"w/ 1" spring spacers and 1" BL running 35's--no prob
3. Tera 4" long arm running 35's--no prob
4. RE4.5" lift running 37's--added washers to keep from rubbing
All of those Jeeps are Rubicons and they all have had no problems with running 35's or bigger. You may have to lift the amount the tire stuffs into the fender. The tire still droops a lot and they get plenty of flex. I got a 02 SE and I am going to be running 35's with a 4" Tera and a 1" BL.

Peace Out
KILLERtj
[COLOR=red]Red Jeep Club #5[/COLOR]
Vampire Jeep Club #6

02 Wrangler SE, Ford 8.8, 4.88's, Tera-Flex S4T, 35" MTR's

Faster than a Ferrari on rocks!
KILLERtj is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.