HVAC LED Mod Knobs 2000+ (not sliders) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > HVAC LED Mod Knobs 2000+ (not sliders)

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 06-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #1
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

HVAC LED Mod Knobs 2000+ (not sliders)

HVAC Bulbs needed (there are 3 of them): t4 tybe b(www.autolumination.com Tail Light Brake Light Turn Signal LED Bulbs)

remember to take HVAC apart and peel off green hue layer on plastic
Dash (5 tri-leds for the gauges) (Autolumination Instrument Panel Light Bulbs & Lamps)

In addition:
2 #74 for blinkers (get super white)
1 #74 for hi beam (get blue or white)

Last edited by inglisleslie; 07-01-2010 at 04:35 PM..
inglisleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I need to replace all the interior bulbs in my Jeep just for the hell of it.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2010, 08:45 PM   #3
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillathrilla View Post
I need to replace all the interior bulbs in my Jeep just for the hell of it.
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2010, 09:28 PM   #4
vanillathrilla
1999 TJ Wrangler 

BTW, my '99 doesn't have sliders. It doesn't have a/c, so the illustrations on the HVAC panel are slightly different from those pictured, but it shouldn't make a difference. '99s (or at least mine) have knobs too.
'99 TJ Sport | Rampage Frameless | 33x12.50x15 Goodyear MTR/K's | Poweraid TBS | Flowmaster 40 series | Herculined | 15% tint | LED interior lighting | AtoZ front/rear bumper | AtoZ tube rocker guards | Kenwood Excelon KDC-X993BT | Kicker 6.5's in soundbar | Alpine Type-R 4x6's in dash.
vanillathrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2010, 09:55 PM   #5
23ethan23
1998 TJ Wrangler 

how do you do the lights in the fog switch in a 99 tj
Unread 06-28-2010, 10:00 PM   #6
jeep2005ride
2005 TJ Wrangler 

call me crazy but those look like my pics and i have posted this info 1000 times

remember to take HVAC apart and peel off green hue layer on plastic

did not do this and my pics look pretty sharp so....
(o)_)(o)_)--)_)
jeep2005ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2010, 10:26 PM   #7
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

they are your pics...im waiting on my t4 type b's. just was posting the bulb size for hvac and gauge in 1 post so people can find it easily, i had to read through 40 pages of a thread to find the HVAC. I have not removed the greenish layer yet myself. did you read the Ranger Power Sports Forum - View Single Post - My finished COMPLETELY BLUE LED dash
Jeep2005ride whats your opinion on that write up???? your hvac does look blue and if you didnt remove the green hue it looks fine to me(in blue). if you wanted to make them white i would recommend removing the greenish plastic inside the hvac. I will install pics when im done my install, it was not my intention to steal your pics, just put them up there for reference.
Unread 06-28-2010, 10:51 PM   #8
jeep2005ride
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yea i just wanted the credit for it...as for the write up, if thats how you take the green tint away then i guess thats good but like i said I never knew that was there, also I think the leds go in the back, I did this years ago so I really dont remember how I did it
(o)_)(o)_)--)_)
jeep2005ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2010, 09:05 PM   #9
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

hey guys i just took apart my hvac and there is no greenish layer that can be removed...just stick the new LEDS in the back
Unread 07-01-2010, 02:25 PM   #10
TeeJay00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

No green layer on mine also...

Check out what happened to me at this post http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ga...7/index31.html
page 31
TeeJay00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2010, 02:29 PM   #11
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeJay00 View Post
No green layer on mine also...

Check out what happened to me at this post http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ga...7/index31.html
page 31
are yours the red ones, they look really dim and uneven...did you use the tri-leds? maybe try vleds i have both ill see which ones have better light output
Unread 07-01-2010, 02:53 PM   #12
TeeJay00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inglisleslie View Post
are yours the red ones, they look really dim and uneven...did you use the tri-leds? maybe try vleds i have both ill see which ones have better light output
Yes mine are the stupid red ones and no I didn't buy the tri-leds because the lady at their customer support advised not to

The thing is that I pulled one of the knobs out while the lights were on and it's pretty well lit !!! it seems that my problem is with the face and knobs of the HVAC controls... The knobs are made of a dark green plastic... Which model year TJ came with the green layer behind the HVAC? Maybe if I replaced mine with the old one it would be brighter???
Unread 07-01-2010, 03:13 PM   #13
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yes mine are the stupid red ones and no I didn't buy the tri-leds because the lady at their customer support advised not to

The thing is that I pulled one of the knobs out while the lights were on and it's pretty well lit !!! it seems that my problem is with the face and knobs of the HVAC controls... The knobs are made of a dark green plastic... Which model year TJ came with the green layer behind the HVAC? Maybe if I replaced mine with the old one it would be brighter???
Just a heads up, i bought the rugged ridge brushed alum knobs and they suck too. 1 they are like chrome() and 2 the hole to let the light pass through is so think that nothing can be seen through anyways.
Unread 07-01-2010, 04:07 PM   #14
TeeJay00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inglisleslie View Post
Just a heads up, i bought the rugged ridge brushed alum knobs and they suck too. 1 they are like chrome() and 2 the hole to let the light pass through is so think that nothing can be seen through anyways.
Yes but yours look pretty well lit in the photos... How?
Unread 07-01-2010, 04:38 PM   #15
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Yes but yours look pretty well lit in the photos... How?
for one they are not my photos hahaha. I will post mine when i go to my moms house after the 4th and pick up my blue t4 bulbs and my v-leds for the dash. Autolumination sent me white tri leds when i ordered blue(they suck) and want me to pay for shipping for there mistake. So i just ordered the blue ones through vled and will use the white tri leds for my hi beam and blinkers, and maybe seat belt, where ever i can cram them in the dash ahah

Tags
hvac bulb , led

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.