Hummer snorkel is in (Pics) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Hummer snorkel is in (Pics)

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 05-05-2007, 05:19 PM   #1
cheesycook
Accident Prone Bonehead

Hummer snorkel is in (Pics)

I finally got all the peices together based on the one made by Greg.Volkman. Ended up using the original air tube, a 3" to 2" plumbing reducer, a 3" to 3" fitting cut in two pieces, a section of 3" PVC, a PVC toilet base, an H1 snorkel top off ebay, some Autozone ricer tubing, and an airbox off a 1992 Olds Ciera(same as tjeeper). I was going to install it all the way on the passenger side of the cowl but was too worried about having enough room. As it was I had a real bear of a time getting the cowling back in place after the install with the ducting in place. At least taking the filter out of the cowl I don't have to go in there anymore. The new filter housing is very secure without any additional bracing and fits under the hood even with the MML and one inch TB spacer. I can still change spark plugs or check my oil without removing it. I can also pull the pipe to get the windshield down. Visibility is not really impacted any more that the intake on my old Mach 1 sticking through the hood did. After two days I get alot of looks. I am very pleased with the results even though I wish there was a way of screwing it in as a unit for easy removal. My little girl tells everyone she installed it because she helped.

Thanks to everyone who gave me advise and ideas!

98 TJ 4.0 Stick 30 Lock-Right/44 True-Track,4.56. Fire RED. Optima Red top. 3" Full Traction lift, Cragar 352 Street locks w/3.75 BS. 32" BFG AT's. Sailcloth top. Classic4x4 tubular fenders. AtoZ Fab rockers and front and rear bumpers. TBT sportsbar and rear spreader. VDP 6 speaker bar. 2K Intake Manifold. Tuffy Speaker lock boxes. Power inverter. Cobra CB. Magellan GPS. Bed lined tub. 3core HD radiator. Olds airbox with Hummer snokle. Besttop seat covers with heaters. All running lights LED.Steering and oil pan skids. Mile Marker PE8000 winch. Currie Anti-Rock. Olympic trunk. Tuffy Console....and Buddha on the winch. :) And a child seat stained with mud.
Hermiston, ORL

AtoZ Where Zach makes me toys!
Stu-Offroad, because I don't have a clue, but Stu does!
cheesycook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2007, 05:20 PM   #2
Rocky529
Jeep

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good, but doesn't that bring down your view from the inside?

Silver Metallic finish with black dual tops - Dana 44 Rear
2.25" Suspension Lift with Old Man Emu Shocks
Performance Accessories 1" Body Lift
Daystar 1" Motor Mount Lift
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers - 32"x11.5" MT/R Tires
Rocky529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2007, 05:22 PM   #3
cheesycook
Accident Prone Bonehead

Not much to be honest. I will eventually do some fine tuning to bring it down a tad. I just want to make sure I don't hit the windsheild wiper arm. I will adjust it when I can find a more "quick disconnect" method.
98 TJ 4.0 Stick 30 Lock-Right/44 True-Track,4.56. Fire RED. Optima Red top. 3" Full Traction lift, Cragar 352 Street locks w/3.75 BS. 32" BFG AT's. Sailcloth top. Classic4x4 tubular fenders. AtoZ Fab rockers and front and rear bumpers. TBT sportsbar and rear spreader. VDP 6 speaker bar. 2K Intake Manifold. Tuffy Speaker lock boxes. Power inverter. Cobra CB. Magellan GPS. Bed lined tub. 3core HD radiator. Olds airbox with Hummer snokle. Besttop seat covers with heaters. All running lights LED.Steering and oil pan skids. Mile Marker PE8000 winch. Currie Anti-Rock. Olympic trunk. Tuffy Console....and Buddha on the winch. :) And a child seat stained with mud.
Hermiston, ORL

Unread 05-05-2007, 05:23 PM   #4
IWantMyMTZ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thats sick! good job man! A little tall though.....EVERYTHING looks awesome, down to the repainting of the cowl cover. You should consider chopping the stem in half though.....Just my Opinion. Your rig, your sweat went into it...

I have a 4 page wish list though.......
IWantMyMTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2007, 06:02 PM   #5
stathunter

Cheesy this is the first thing that you have done that I am not 100% impresses with. My personal opinion it seems a bit too tall.

2004 [B]Black X[/B] w/ RE LA 37" SSR's, etc etc [url]http://www.je-ep.com/[/url]

[COLOR="Blue"]In Michigan? Call Jim from [url]www.Jeepin-Customizing.com[/url][/COLOR]
"Do or do not, there is no try" Yoda
stathunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2007, 06:53 PM   #6
grymsr
Vintage Member

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I will be very curious if "The Man" gives you any trouble about it "obscuring" your driving view. Let us know if so.

Black Jeep Club v1.0 and v2.0 #1776
DR Z MUST BE STOPPED #7
grymsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2007, 07:01 PM   #7
ninjajeep
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Looks like a chimney to me...nice pics!
You should have ran it up and over to the windsheild pillar and then up high like the arb snorkle. You just need some angle fittings.
Unread 05-05-2007, 07:14 PM   #8
JeepRocks86
Some Call me RockDog

2003 TJ Wrangler 

looks good. I would bring it down a little
My TJ Build Thread.
www.kifourwheelers.com
For Sale:
TJ Rear Dana 44 shaftsfor sale
3 11"& 2 13" BBCS shocks

JeepRocks86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2007, 07:33 PM   #9
BigBLue05X
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I saw some guy on here with the same hummer intake, but it went as high as the bottom weather stripping of the windshield. Cool Idea though. Oh yea, I thought I was the only one around here with the hood grilles on the side. They draw a lot of attention in my area.
BigBLue05X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2007, 07:40 PM   #10
jeeptillidie
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I like that 100x better than a regular snorkel. And it wont be nearly as noticable if you ever decide to ditch it.
jeeptillidie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2007, 07:43 PM   #11
WILLY348
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Very cool there man.. awsome job
WILLY348 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2007, 08:00 PM   #12
cheesycook
Accident Prone Bonehead

Yeah fellas, it will definitely be coming down some. Right now I am dropping by the local plumbing shops looking for parts I could use. An angle fitting was one of the ideas I was toying with just to sort of pivot it a bit farther to the passenger side. I will post what I come up with. One big difference I am noticing is that I don't have that high pitch turbo sound emminating from my dash that I had with the cowl filter. I am also looking for something resembling an ARB cap. Just something that the air is pushed into as opposed to something it wisks across. We will see.
Hermiston, ORL

Unread 05-05-2007, 08:08 PM   #13
BrettDez
2012 JK Wrangler 

Looks good

Definately looks cool though, even if it is a bit high.
"The Smurf": --Pic 1-- --Pic 2-- --Pic 3-- --Pic 4--
Previous Jeeps: --2007 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon-- --2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ Rubicon-- --1987 Jeep Wrangler YJ--
BrettDez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2007, 08:09 PM   #14
Erin Go Bragh
2001 TJ Wrangler 

That looks pretty cool and kinda neat how you put it together. How much did it cost for everything and how many hours did it take?
Erin Go Bragh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2007, 08:14 PM   #15
cheesycook
Accident Prone Bonehead

I would say all together it cost me around $70 including the K&N filter. I should have bought one from Accel. Theirs have more filter area.
Hermiston, ORL

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.