How reliable? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > How reliable?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBlack Friday SALE! Up to 20% off at Diode Dynamics!

Unread 12-12-2004, 06:59 PM   #1
JakeJones

How reliable?

If I got 4.56's with my 33's how tough are they going to be. (no matter what brand of gears).

Has anyone ever had any problems with 4.56's if so how did it happen?

by the way i have a d44 .

Unread 12-12-2004, 07:37 PM   #2
FlexyTJ

why? if the gears are intsalled properly there should be no problem.
Unread 12-12-2004, 07:58 PM   #3
JakeJones

yeah but if there is no 4wd stores around where can i take and be sure it's installed properly?
Unread 12-12-2004, 08:06 PM   #4
doorocks
Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeJones
yeah but if there is no 4wd stores around where can i take and be sure it's installed properly?

First off, if you are doing this on your own and have not done this before......you need to think twice or get some experienced help.

You do not need a 4wd shop to install/check R&P....a speed shop, hot rod shop, axle shop, truck shop and some garages have certified mechanics who do this.

Look in the superpages.com

RE 3.5 and all kinds of other relevant goodies, you know winch and stuff.

[COLOR=Red][B]Life is like walking into the No Chance Bar full of Future Darwin Stories........[/B][/COLOR]

More mods than a hillbilly's set of teeth..
doorocks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2004, 08:16 PM   #5
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeJones
If I got 4.56's with my 33's how tough are they going to be. (no matter what brand of gears)...

Brand of gears can play a factor in how durable they will be. I like to use OE parts with my axles. They cost a little more, but IMO, it's well worth it when the labor for the job is so expensive.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-12-2004, 08:28 PM   #6
JakeJones

anything like that around here is like the small mom & pop shop.

South Mississippi.
Unread 12-13-2004, 07:50 AM   #7
jeeptoplesstx

It would probably be worth it to drive a few hours then to a good shop...I looked into doing this myself a year or so back with the 03 TJ...you need a bunch of specialized tools number one that will set you back a good amount...and from everything I researched you just dont want to try it on your own...you will have nothing but problems...most shops wont even let most of the mechanics do gears...they normally only have one or maybe two guys that are qualified to do them...So, unfortunately you are gonna have to drive is what it sounds like...but as to your original question...a properly installed new set of gears shouldnt give you any trouble whatsoever...they should be just like factory except better suited for your tire size...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.