Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

how much lift does the re3.5 really yield?

921 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  Excurro 
#1 ·
I was just wondering how much lift people realy get with this lift?

#2 ·
Around 4". I never measured mine before, but thats what I came up with after doing some measuring on mine and my buddies. Some get more towards 4 1/4" and with a 4 cyl I would say 4 1/2"

#4 ·
I got 4 1/2" with a soft top and 6 cyl.

#5 ·
I also got 4.5 inches of lift. Then of course I needed the SYE/CV driveshaft due to vibes and U-Joint noise. Then adj rear control arms to get the pinion angle correct... It never ends

#6 ·
6 cyl. Jeeperman front bumper with x8000i, warn tire carrier in rear with a 33 (it now has a 35 but I measured back when it had a 33...this was after 4 years of break in also)

So, dude measures his springs on his 98 SE from the hub to the bottom of the flare

18" from center of hub to fender flair front
18.5" from center of hub to fender flair rear

I measured mine

front center of hub to bottom of flair - 23"
rear center of hub to bottom of flair - 24.25"

So thats 5" front and 5 3/4" rear take out the 1/2" from the 8.8 tubes an you get

5" Front
5.25" Rear

I assumed his sagged an inch cuz ain't no way I got that out of RE 3.5s

4" front
4.25" Rear

Added a 1" Spacer up front and another 1" of bump stop and got some extra bump stop in the rear from my new perches..about an inch, threw on 35s. No rubbing in rear at all. Front has tweeked the fenders but I really don't care since I'm going tube.

Hope this is of some use to ya.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.