How much of a lift do i need? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > How much of a lift do i need?

Introducing the CUPHOLSTER @ OCONEE OFF ROAD 706 534 9955Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comBlack Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHut

Unread 01-08-2014, 03:31 PM   #16
05x

I have a rubi with 5.5 and 35's and you have too do a whole bunch o stuff to make it ride right. Im not sure what kind of budget you were thinking of but If you wanna run those tires just be prepared to spend some coin too do it right.

05x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-08-2014, 07:22 PM   #17
Kiliandowning
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i have a 5 speed. would a cheaper and easier option be going with 33s? im planning to move from memphis to oregon in the next few months. i want to lift it and get bigger tires while i still have a little extra cash. it seems like its a better option for someone on a somewhat tightish budget.
Unread 01-08-2014, 07:25 PM   #18
sc00bz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliandowning
i have a 5 speed. would a cheaper and easier option be going with 33s? im planning to move from memphis to oregon in the next few months. i want to lift it and get bigger tires while i still have a little extra cash. it seems like its a better option for someone on a somewhat tightish budget.
Yes. 2" springs or BB and a 1.25" body lift/1" motor mount lift.

You'll probably lose 5th gear until you regear depending on the lay of the land in Oregon. It probably won't be too bad in Memphis.
Unread 01-08-2014, 08:25 PM   #19
Kiliandowning
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Cool. I know where we are going in oregon isn't to bad. Getting there is a different story. But I'll worry about that when the time comes. I just want to get this list and stuff done and done right.
Unread 01-08-2014, 09:10 PM   #20
Kiliandowning
2000 TJ Wrangler 

this is what im working with
kilians-phone_000301.jpg  
Unread 01-08-2014, 09:33 PM   #21
AntiPrius
2000 TJ Wrangler 

First thing I'd do is ditch the chrome tube side steps. I'd also limit myself to 33's. TSL's are not exactly road "friendly" anyway.
AntiPrius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2014, 04:40 AM   #22
sc00bz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Another thing to keep in mind is, if you want/need a little help, look up Midsouth Jeeps. Good club with cool people out of Memphis. I am a member there and the club some of us started a few months ago (West Tennessee Offroad) attended their Fall Run this past October. Good peeps and always willing to help swing a wrench.

If you want more info, either sign up on their forum or hit up 95ZeeJay here. Her name's Gwen.
Unread 01-09-2014, 05:16 AM   #23
Kiliandowning
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I actually work with BJ the president of the club. We just never have the free time to chat about things most days .
Unread 01-09-2014, 05:20 AM   #24
sc00bz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliandowning
Yeah I actually work with BJ the president of the club. We just never have the free time to chat about things most days .
Talk to him bro. He's a cool guy. His dad actually gave me my spare 33 at the hyper tech meeting in July. Lol
Unread 01-09-2014, 05:24 AM   #25
Kiliandowning
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have some. We both work at the Gibson factory ans things are nuts. I don't have the free time to even change sings on my iPod most days. But we have talked some he has been super helpful. But we can't have a full conversation just bc we are so busy

Tags
lift advice

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.