How the Metalcloak Duroflex bushing stacks up - Page 60 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > How the Metalcloak Duroflex bushing stacks up

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 02-28-2014, 12:26 PM   #886
Icarus
2004 TJ Wrangler 

We need some testers that run these in nasty winters with a lot of salt and junk.

Unread 02-28-2014, 12:28 PM   #887
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus
We need some testers that run these in nasty winters with a lot of salt and junk.
Plenty of people have been running these in the winter. Me being one of many.

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2014, 12:29 PM   #888
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I just ran mine through winter.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2014, 12:54 PM   #889
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Same here , plenty of cold and salt here with more coming . Don't bother either brand that I have seen and this is their second winter plus living at the shore , plenty of salt all the time .
Gary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2014, 07:35 PM   #890
Icarus
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ah, good to know guys I've seen the salt and crap destroy stuff fast here no matter how beefy it is!
Unread 02-28-2014, 08:16 PM   #891
locrwln
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Ordered my complete set on Wednesday and got 'em today. I was told that it was going to take a few weeks, so I was surprised to get them so soon. Can't wait to experience them, running stockers for now. Too bad it will be a little while before I will be ready for the install.

Jack
Unread 02-28-2014, 10:15 PM   #892
Eckoh
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
gimme a set of arms i'll be happy to test them in the salty crap
Eckoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2014, 02:12 AM   #893
pcoplin
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Question for Metalcloak or anyone else who may know: Would the Duroflex joints be sufficient to use on both ends of a trailing arm to negate the use of anti wobble spacers on a coilover?
Ultra4 KOH #689 car
pcoplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2014, 08:50 AM   #894
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcoplin View Post
Question for Metalcloak or anyone else who may know: Would the Duroflex joints be sufficient to use on both ends of a trailing arm to negate the use of anti wobble spacers on a coilover?
No, they have lots of misalignment and can't support that kind of weight when it's acting offset of center. You'd really need a stiff bushing with more lateral support to handle that, I believe.

As for winter and salt......yeah, not an issue.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2014, 06:15 PM   #895
00tj2
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, so I have all 7 of my single adjustable control arms mounted up. Now let me explain why I only have 7 mounted. I bought a set of axles a while back, dana44/30 w/4.88 gears for a great price. Well, the guy was running a 3 link with track bar in the front and stupid me missed the pass side control arm mount missing.(would of gotten them anyway) Now I'm deciding if I'm going to weld on a new mount(pass side) or just keep it as is. The driver side mount has a Johnny joint upgrade but I'm still not sure if I want to keep it this way. As for the arms, they appear to be well made, MC has great customer service and I can't wait to get everything else done so I can really start testing these out. For now I will be keeping it to local roads and speeds under 40 but I will post back once I get a feel for the ride. Imped, I In boxed you but figure your busy enough but if you have any insight, or anyone else for that matter on the front 3 link please pass along your advise/experience with that setup. Thanks everyone.
00tj2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2014, 08:32 PM   #896
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Nothing wrong with doing a proper 3 link with the duroflex joints. However. That OEM style currie joint on the upper isn't quite up to the task to be used as a single upper. Its a 7/16ths bolt if I recall correctly, which is fine when there is a second upper sharing the load, but not big enough for a single upper.

Not to mention the axle side of the arm is a JJ and the frame end is a duroflex joint. Mixing of the two within the same arm is not recommended.

I would get a passenger side upper in as sooner than later.

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2014, 03:14 AM   #897
Pine_Cat
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Great review, thanks !
Pine_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2014, 11:07 AM   #898
texashoghunter
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by locrwln View Post
Ordered my complete set on Wednesday and got 'em today. I was told that it was going to take a few weeks, so I was surprised to get them so soon. Can't wait to experience them, running stockers for now. Too bad it will be a little while before I will be ready for the install.

Jack
How can this be? I ordered my control arms over a month ago and they have not been shipped yet. Emails to MetalCloak have not been answered. They have not returned phone calls either with a status update.

Update:
MetalCloak phoned me back. Was told that the order should ship sometime this week but could not provide a specific day. Was provided with the same information last week when I called and was able to speak to someone.

Last edited by texashoghunter; 03-10-2014 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: Contact by the vendor.
texashoghunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2014, 11:42 AM   #899
Tonellin
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by texashoghunter View Post
How can this be? I ordered my control arms over a month ago and they have not been shipped yet. Emails to MetalCloak have not been answered. They have not returned phone calls either with a status update.
That is really strange. When I ordered my trackbar htey emailed me immediately and then called and left a message the next day confirming the order. They called again and told me it shipped a ocuple of days later. They even sent me a confirmation email when I ordered a pair of stickers through them a month or so later haha

I've been very impressed with their customer service, your situation sounds funky
Unread 03-10-2014, 12:51 PM   #900
Jeepineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by texashoghunter View Post
We apologize for any error in communication. Will, in customer service, just sent you a PM to determine your name. We can get on this as soon as we know your name. Again we apologize for any inconvenience.
Jeepineer is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.