1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #766 of Old 11-12-2013, 06:29 PM
elclipo
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 283
Saw that on Facebook. Now I'm wondering the specifics.

Are the joints forged or welded?
What size shanks do they use on the ends, 1" or 1 1/4"?
What's the eye to eye length with the joints fully threaded and fully extended?


Semper Fi
elclipo is offline  
post #767 of Old 11-12-2013, 09:04 PM
matsonian
MetalCloak'd
 
matsonian's Avatar
1977 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hosejockey61 View Post
Any word yet on when MC is going to come out with a front axle side bushing kit yet similar to the JJ?
Just an FYI... the engineers have that on their long list of development projects.

Expect it early next year.


It's Your Jeep, Only Better. | MetalCloak.com | 6PakRevolution.com

For quotes or customer service Click Here

Lots and Lots of Videos: https://www.youtube.com/metalcloak
matsonian is offline  
post #768 of Old 11-12-2013, 09:21 PM
matsonian
MetalCloak'd
 
matsonian's Avatar
1977 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by elclipo View Post
Saw that on Facebook. Now I'm wondering the specifics.

Are the joints forged or welded?
What size shanks do they use on the ends, 1" or 1 1/4"?
What's the eye to eye length with the joints fully threaded and fully extended?
The joints are our 1" Duroflex Joints in the welded configuration.

As a reminder, while we have forged joints on our website as an option for some customers, the Duroflex bushings do not put as much stress on the rod ends as typical joints do - one of the reasons we have full confidence in the welded configuration lasting through any abuse you'll see on the trail.

As for eye to eye lengths, I should have those at hand, but I don't. I'll get them for you (and post it on Facebook) soon.


It's Your Jeep, Only Better. | MetalCloak.com | 6PakRevolution.com

For quotes or customer service Click Here

Lots and Lots of Videos: https://www.youtube.com/metalcloak
matsonian is offline  
post #769 of Old 11-13-2013, 12:23 AM
willis36
Web Wheeler
 
willis36's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: broken arrow
Posts: 1,417
[QUOT=





(and post it on Facebook) :

Why does everything have to be on facebook? There is still a large number of people, myself included, that hate facebook, do not, and will not, EVER, have a facebook account. Im so sick of effing facebook!!! Post it on your dam website, or on a forum, as well as facebook
willis36 is offline  
post #770 of Old 11-13-2013, 01:32 AM
sixclicks
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: WA
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by willis36 View Post

Why does everything have to be on facebook? There is still a large number of people, myself included, that hate facebook, do not, and will not, EVER, have a facebook account. Im so sick of effing facebook!!! Post it on your dam website, or on a forum, as well as facebook
I couldn't agree with you more, dropped FB years ago. I keep in good touch with important acquaintances, friends and family through phone calls and rare texts (why text when I can talk?). FB was a solution for a problem I didn't have.

But there are a lot of folks who paradoxically spray impersonal and indirect communication diarrhea to swaths of people they neither care about nor would speak to face to face.

2004 black Rubicon manual

I know it's pretty damn weird to eat people. - Marv

Last edited by sixclicks; 11-13-2013 at 01:38 AM. Reason: The above was written in a personal and direct spirit with affection for you all, my homies.
sixclicks is offline  
post #771 of Old 11-13-2013, 09:43 AM
aparke4
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by matsonian View Post
Just an FYI... the engineers have that on their long list of development projects.

Expect it early next year.

noooooo! bump it up sooner!! I saw the DIY version from a member here ans even though it does not look too hard, having a press in and nice weld on version for the pass side would be awesome!!
aparke4 is offline  
post #772 of Old 11-13-2013, 09:56 AM
bobthetj03
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: NorCal
Posts: 5,269
I have to agree on the FB comments. FB is for teenage girls, or mothers trying to keep tabs on said teenage girls!

Bob's boring build:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline  
post #773 of Old 11-13-2013, 10:00 AM
matsonian
MetalCloak'd
 
matsonian's Avatar
1977 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixclicks View Post
But there are a lot of folks who paradoxically spray impersonal and indirect communication diarrhea to swaths of people they neither care about nor would speak to face to face.
Sounds a lot like some forum's I visit periodically.

Quote:
Why does everything have to be on facebook? There is still a large number of people, myself included, that hate facebook, do not, and will not, EVER, have a facebook account. Im so sick of effing facebook!!! Post it on your dam website, or on a forum, as well as facebook
Seriously? You think we wouldn't post it on our website? The same question was posted on our original FB post, so I mentioned that here. If this was Pirate, this would be the time I used that other, famous, emoticon.

It's Your Jeep, Only Better. | MetalCloak.com | 6PakRevolution.com

For quotes or customer service Click Here

Lots and Lots of Videos: https://www.youtube.com/metalcloak
matsonian is offline  
post #774 of Old 11-13-2013, 10:05 AM
matsonian
MetalCloak'd
 
matsonian's Avatar
1977 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparke4 View Post
noooooo! bump it up sooner!! I saw the DIY version from a member here ans even though it does not look too hard, having a press in and nice weld on version for the pass side would be awesome!!
We definitely have some more pressing projects. Sorry.

As a matter of record, we are actually not that concerned about using the stock bushing. Yes, it would be nicer to have Duroflex there, but remember, if you have a rigid flex joint at one end and the clevite at the other end, the clevite gets overworked by the rigidness of the flex joint.

With the Duroflex Joint, the clevite does not get worked as hard, so is a better compliment to the Duroflex.

It's Your Jeep, Only Better. | MetalCloak.com | 6PakRevolution.com

For quotes or customer service Click Here

Lots and Lots of Videos: https://www.youtube.com/metalcloak
matsonian is offline  
post #775 of Old 11-13-2013, 11:04 AM
J03_TJ
Web Wheeler
 
J03_TJ's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Reno
Posts: 4,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by matsonian
We definitely have some more pressing projects. Sorry. As a matter of record, we are actually not that concerned about using the stock bushing. Yes, it would be nicer to have Duroflex there, but remember, if you have a rigid flex joint at one end and the clevite at the other end, the clevite gets overworked by the rigidness of the flex joint. With the Duroflex Joint, the clevite does not get worked as hard, so is a better compliment to the Duroflex.
So do you have your lower arms adjusting shorter than stock length yet? Maybe down to 15.5"ish?
J03_TJ is offline  
post #776 of Old 11-13-2013, 11:17 AM
J03_TJ
Web Wheeler
 
J03_TJ's Avatar
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Reno
Posts: 4,036
Quote:
Originally Posted by J03_TJ
So do you have your lower arms adjusting shorter than stock length yet? Maybe down to 15.5"ish?
And while I'm asking how about the rear uppers, will they go out to 14 7/8"??
The aluminum ones are nice, but I'm mostly interested in your steel ones.
J03_TJ is offline  
post #777 of Old 11-13-2013, 11:20 AM
matsonian
MetalCloak'd
 
matsonian's Avatar
1977 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 1,024
As requested... Double Adjustable Aluminum Control Arm Lengths...




It's Your Jeep, Only Better. | MetalCloak.com | 6PakRevolution.com

For quotes or customer service Click Here

Lots and Lots of Videos: https://www.youtube.com/metalcloak
matsonian is offline  
post #778 of Old 11-13-2013, 11:21 AM
willis36
Web Wheeler
 
willis36's Avatar
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: broken arrow
Posts: 1,417
Quote:
Originally Posted by matsonian View Post
Sounds a lot like some forum's I visit periodically.



Seriously? You think we wouldn't post it on our website? The same question was posted on our original FB post, so I mentioned that here. If this was Pirate, this would be the time I used that other, famous, emoticon.
Just busting on you man. Im just so sick of hearing about facebook! I do however love my duroflex bushings and hope to one day own your fenders as well.
willis36 is offline  
post #779 of Old 11-13-2013, 11:28 AM
geiman
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 2,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by matsonian View Post
as requested... Double adjustable aluminum control arm lengths...



6061? 7075?
geiman is offline  
post #780 of Old 11-13-2013, 12:21 PM
Scarfist
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: brentwood
Posts: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by matsonian View Post
As requested... Double Adjustable Aluminum Control Arm Lengths...



Do you have these in stock at the shop? I work in Sac and can pick them up after work.

I'm too old to play with Lego's, so I got a Jeep. 97 TJ club member
Scarfist is offline  
Reply

Tags
control arms , duroflex


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome