How the Metalcloak Duroflex bushing stacks up - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > How the Metalcloak Duroflex bushing stacks up

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJClayton Off Road JK Long Arm Upgrade Kits!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-23-2013, 05:24 AM   #61
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbg1980 View Post
$900.00 shipped that's a hell of a deal!
Just pulled the invoice, I got em for roughly $930 shipped. But that was due to a discount........I have ordered ALOT of product from MC(And am soon going to be ordering ALOT more since we now have a 2nd LJ)in the past, so I guess thats where the discount comes from. I honestly thought they gave all forum members 5% if there wasn't already a sale goin on(I could have sworn I read that they did on another thread though). My bad.

GMBNT42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #62
RubiconRazorbac
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMBNT42
there are a few people over on the pirate forum who have near the 50k mile range on them now. In fact one person with high miliage posted up pics of him breaking them down to "regrease" them(which they didn't even need)and they still look and feel 100% brand new
Thread links? Or at least a username to search for?
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 06:39 AM   #63
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconRazorbac View Post
Thread links? Or at least a username to search for?
I believe IMPED posted the link up from Pirate originally in another thread. He probably would have it off hand.
Unread 02-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #64
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINUM View Post
$29 each, to replace the johnny joints in control arms?
This is what I'm wondering. I want to order the Savvy arms due to the double adjustability but I want to run the Duroflex joints. Is this what I would have to order to replace all the JJ's?

http://www.metalcloak.com/2-5-8-D-x2...ade-p/7350.htm

Besides to axle side ones obviouisly.

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 09:42 AM   #65
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaJeepman21 View Post
This is what I'm wondering. I want to order the Savvy arms due to the double adjustability but I want to run the Duroflex joints. Is this what I would have to order to replace all the JJ's?

http://www.metalcloak.com/2-5-8-D-x2...ade-p/7350.htm

Besides to axle side ones obviouisly.
Thats correct..... and for the upper double adjustables talk to MC directly for their left handed housings on the smaller 2" joints. Personally though I think the double adjustability is far overblown. It wasn't hard at all nor did it really add any extra time just unbolting one side of the upper(or lower for that matter) arm and adjusting it. And once its set, your set.
Unread 02-23-2013, 03:03 PM   #66
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

One is about as easy as the other to set up the first time as far as single or aouble adj arms. If you are like me and are always changing things the double adjustables are nice to have . I didn't always feel that that way . As time goes on I am glad I had the double adj Savvy arms to build upon. Its just not a very economical way to do it . Where do you sell a bunch of Johnny Joint parts. You have to weigh the options as to whether it makes sense to buy the complete joint so you end up with a complete JJ to sell when all said and done Vs like me a bucket of Currie bushings ,center balls ,washers and snap rings to probably collect dust for a long time.
Gary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 07:05 PM   #67
RubiconRazorbac
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMBNT42
I believe IMPED posted the link up from Pirate originally in another thread. He probably would have it off hand.
I just went through them. Good info once you weed through the trash.

However, some of your statements concerning the info in them seem a little grandiose. Have YOU actually read those threads?

Again, I'm a fan of MC as a company. Even though i still have resrvations concerning their joints, I appreciate Imped's OBJECTIVE comparison
My build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/ru...thread-792423/
RubiconRazorbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #68
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconRazorbac View Post

I just went through them. Good info once you weed through the trash.

However, some of your statements concerning the info in them seem a little grandiose. Have YOU actually read those threads?

Again, I'm a fan of MC as a company. Even though i still have resrvations concerning their joints, I appreciate Imped's OBJECTIVE comparison
grandoise? No......skeptisism is great and all...but sometimes you just have to use common sense when a new improved design comes around, its been out for nearly 2 years now.....dont you think you would have seen any negative posts by now? I should have put these arms on last year and went with my research and deductions.....
Unread 02-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #69
aparke4
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMBNT42 View Post
Just pulled the invoice, I got em for roughly $930 shipped. But that was due to a discount........I have ordered ALOT of product from MC(And am soon going to be ordering ALOT more since we now have a 2nd LJ)in the past, so I guess thats where the discount comes from. I honestly thought they gave all forum members 5% if there wasn't already a sale goin on(I could have sworn I read that they did on another thread though). My bad.
i have placed a couple orders with MC and never got a discount code- front bumper and just ordered rear flares and mounts... oh well maybe i will ask when i get the arms and joints!
aparke4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 12:29 PM   #70
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary2
One is about as easy as the other to set up the first time as far as single or aouble adj arms. If you are like me and are always changing things the double adjustables are nice to have . I didn't always feel that that way . As time goes on I am glad I had the double adj Savvy arms to build upon. Its just not a very economical way to do it . Where do you sell a bunch of Johnny Joint parts. You have to weigh the options as to whether it makes sense to buy the complete joint so you end up with a complete JJ to sell when all said and done Vs like me a bucket of Currie bushings ,center balls ,washers and snap rings to probably collect dust for a long time.
I would take a pair of JJ innards off of someone's hands... PM me.
Unread 02-24-2013, 03:05 PM   #71
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You have got it pm me how much they are worth to ya shipped from 08092 NJ . They have about 700 highway miles if that .
Unread 02-24-2013, 04:02 PM   #72
btn
2000 TJ Wrangler 

If you already have Currie JJ control arms, can you re-use the original JJ washers and snap rings for the Duroflex joints, or do you need MC's specific washers and snap rings?
Unread 02-24-2013, 04:05 PM   #73
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

you have to use 4 washers per joint instead of 2 which is supplied with the Duroflex parts along with a new snap ring
Unread 02-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #74
OldGloryLJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMBNT42 View Post
One application that these joints can be used in that wasn't mentioned........and I think it is a huge benefit........is the fact that these duroflex joints can accomadate BENT ARMS. Thats right, for those who want to do or can do their own custom work. The one downside people keep bringing up with long arm kits is that the breakover angles suffer behind/before the f/r tires is getting hung up on rocks off the long arms. Not anymore. You can now make bent lower arms so that they stay tucked up by the frame.......so that one disadvantage they had now can be 100% eliminated.
I agree with you, but there have been bent long arm kits on the market for years.
OldGloryLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #75
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGloryLJ View Post

I agree with you, but there have been bent long arm kits on the market for years.
By who...and using what type of joint? I know there is a sa kit using clevite style bushings and a few radius arm kits but nothing using a jj......cant use em....need a self centering joint like the duroflex unit.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.