how important are front and rear adjustable track bars? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > how important are front and rear adjustable track bars?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 09-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #1
travk1234
2006 TJ Wrangler 

how important are front and rear adjustable track bars?

So I got a new 4" lift that should be here tomorrow. I wont have the time for the next 2 weeks or so to put it on so I got to wondering about adjustable track bars front and rear. How important are they on a 4" lift? Are they a "Must have"? I know that they center the axles. but do I need to buy adjustable ones to get the jeep rolling decently?

travk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2009, 11:03 PM   #2
Dmcastino
1997 TJ Wrangler 

If you want your axles centered under your Jeep, then yes, they are pretty much a must have
Dmcastino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2009, 05:41 AM   #3
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

You can re-drill the stock track bar bolt holes.A front adjustable and rear relocation bracket is best.
2000' WJ Limited 4.7L-V8/D44/Quadra-Drive/31" MT's/3" lift
TheBoogieman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2009, 08:53 AM   #4
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by travk1234 View Post
So I got a new 4" lift that should be here tomorrow. I wont have the time for the next 2 weeks or so to put it on so I got to wondering about adjustable track bars front and rear. How important are they on a 4" lift? Are they a "Must have"? I know that they center the axles. but do I need to buy adjustable ones to get the jeep rolling decently?
i have a 2.5" lift and put adjustables on front and rear. go with Currie. Also with a 4" lift, you'll want a Slip Yoke Eliminator, adjustable upper control arms and a rear track bar relocation bracket since you'll need to rotate the axle to point the pinion toward the new fixed yoke on the t-case.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2009, 08:57 AM   #5
colder152000
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i ordered a front adjustable track bar with my four inchs of lift and never installed it. I just drilled holes in my frame to hookup the old one. it works great and now im selling my front adj trackbar on ebay
colder152000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #6
digitalcox
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

For the front end, it is suggested to get an adjustable track bar. For the rear end, a location bracket would work pretty well for a 4" lift.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.