how do you replace the heater core 97 wrangler? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > how do you replace the heater core 97 wrangler?

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3

Unread 01-10-2005, 11:58 PM   #1
badmamajoe

how do you replace the heater core 97 wrangler?

I have a 97 jeep wrangler and i have coolant leaking all over the carpet. i was told iit is my heater core. I have the dash all the way off and can't figure how to get the black box out which contains the heater core. if any one has any tips, or like a place on the net that has directions please ur help would be greatly appreciated.

badmamajoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2005, 03:28 AM   #2
RockPaws

www.alldata.com Check out the DYI section for consumers. Their is a fee and its good for a year of use. Or I recomend the FSM.
As far as an other sites..??

Here is the quick run down:
If you have A/C it must have the freon removed.
Disconnect the heater hoses
Remove the a/c heater plenum mounting bolts on the engine side of the firewall.
Disconnect all electrical connectors and vacume hoses from the plenum assembly
double check and remove any connections or wires.
Drop the plenum assemblyy down and out.
Split the assembly and remove and replace the heater core. clean the inside as required. and reassemble.
re-Install in reverse order

Now this was a real quick how to. You will need a manual, either check the above from alldata, or check a auto parts store for one as last resort.
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]01' Jeep TJ (Jeep #5)
3.5 RE Custom SuperFlex, Raingler, Kilby, Currie, Banks, Borla, American Racing, Custom mods, Always more in the works.
[URL=http://www.redrock4x4.com][COLOR=Blue]www.redrock4x4.com Rocks![/COLOR][/URL]
[URL=www.needhim.org/][COLOR=Blue]Need Him?[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT]
RockPaws is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2005, 07:58 AM   #3
JeepCrazyKid

This may seem really obvious, but make sure you just don't have a leak in a hose before you pull out your heater core.
JeepCrazyKid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2005, 11:25 AM   #4
badmamajoe

thanks alot. i got the heater core out but after doing all that work i am procrastinating puting it back in. Thanks alot tho.
badmamajoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.