How do you know if the O2 sensor is bad? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > How do you know if the O2 sensor is bad?

Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 05-26-2008, 06:08 PM   #1
wraub
1998 TJ Wrangler 

How do you know if the O2 sensor is bad?

I have seen a large number of O2 sensor questions on this site and was wondering how to tell if it's bad. I know that the O2 sensor closest to the manifold has a lot to do with mileage. I just replaced the cracked manifold on my wrangler, now it runs a lot better but now I am wondering if I need to replace my O2 sensor. Another question I have on the O2 sensor is, who makes the best. Its pretty hard these days when you go to Auto Zone or any other Auto parts store and yo have several different options to choose from. One may cost $30.00 the next may be double. so how do you know which one to get. These days with the price of gas as high as it is if I can increase my MPG why not? Or if anyone else out there has any other suggestions on increasing MPG I would really like to here from you. All replies are greatly appreciated. Thanks...Ed

wraub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2008, 06:13 PM   #2
raskull
2003 TJ Wrangler 

It doesn't look like you've run a check yet to see if your jeep has any codes. Here, you might find this article helpful.

http://myjeeptj.com/2008/04/20/1998-...agnostic-codes

Raskull - Metallic Silver '03 Jeep TJ Sport (pic)
http://myjeeptj.com <- Write-ups on mods/maintenance/trips and a video/image gallery
Custom front bumper build
Custom rockers build
My build thread
raskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2008, 07:27 PM   #3
Kpat
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraub View Post
I have seen a large number of O2 sensor questions on this site and was wondering how to tell if it's bad. I know that the O2 sensor closest to the manifold has a lot to do with mileage. I just replaced the cracked manifold on my wrangler, now it runs a lot better but now I am wondering if I need to replace my O2 sensor. Another question I have on the O2 sensor is, who makes the best. Its pretty hard these days when you go to Auto Zone or any other Auto parts store and yo have several different options to choose from. One may cost $30.00 the next may be double. so how do you know which one to get. These days with the price of gas as high as it is if I can increase my MPG why not? Or if anyone else out there has any other suggestions on increasing MPG I would really like to here from you. All replies are greatly appreciated. Thanks...Ed

Why not go to any emissions test center?
I know apple auto glass runs tests, they can easily tell you the exact numbers your looking for.

Kpat is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.