how do you install wiring for rear defrost/wiper? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > how do you install wiring for rear defrost/wiper?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-25-2007, 06:58 PM   #1
nyrblseats
2005 LJ Wrangler 

how do you install wiring for rear defrost/wiper?

I am looking buy an 05' rubicon unlimited with a soft top but eventually want to get the hard top also. I noticed there's no swicthes in the spot for the rear defroster / rear wiper and was wondering if its is possible to install them and how hard it is? Thanks for any help!!

nyrblseats is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2007, 08:09 PM   #2
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yes you can install it but it takes a long time. I hate messing with electrical stuff myself, but if you're up to it, then you should be able to do it.

Basically it involves buying a harness. I bought mine from www.jeepsareus.com.

You splice the wires into your main wiring harness (or whatever it is called) below your steering wheel.

Mine is only partially done. It works, but asthetically it isn't perfect. For example, my wiper/washer works just fine but the button doesn't light up in the dark nor does the orange light come on. I was in a rush (you have to take the dash apart) so I called it good and went on to other things.

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it” -- Mark Twain

† Christian Jeep Club †
Romans 12:5 | 1 Peter 3:15 | Matthew 9:37-38
bman9089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 09:27 AM   #3
Combatsylvania

i made my own wiring kit, and its removable with the top. details at combatsylvania.com

[URL="http://www.combatsylvania.com"]http://www.combatsylvania.com[/URL]
Combatsylvania is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 09:30 AM   #4
RON310
2006 LJ Wrangler 

The jeeps are us kit comes with complete instructions.

I just did my 06 rubicon.

It took about 4 hours (working slow), and it comes with everything (new wiper fluid bottle, extra motor for resevoir, switches, fuses, relays, wire loom, tie wraps, etc.

It was around $130, and well worth it. looks like it was installed at the factory.
RON310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-26-2007, 09:38 AM   #5
06slvrrubi
Lovin' Life

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RON310
The jeeps are us kit comes with complete instructions.

I just did my 06 rubicon.

It took about 4 hours (working slow), and it comes with everything (new wiper fluid bottle, extra motor for resevoir, switches, fuses, relays, wire loom, tie wraps, etc.

It was around $130, and well worth it. looks like it was installed at the factory.

Yep. What he said ^^^^^^^
I had it in my 05, took it out of that, and just put it in my 06 last weekend. Took about 2 hours that second time around. The instructions are a little vague on some points, but it's not hard to do.
Well worth the $$!!
06slvrrubi is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.