How can I tell what OME shocks and springs are on my TJ? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > How can I tell what OME shocks and springs are on my TJ?

Introducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 08-06-2010, 09:01 AM   #16
BarmyBeast
1998 TJ Wrangler 

cheers for all your help guys. I have found out I have a two inch lift.

I want to upgrade my 31s to 33s. Do you reckon a 1.25 body lift would do it without any problems?

BarmyBeast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2010, 01:48 PM   #17
Wajoe
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarmyBeast View Post
My 31s at the moment don't hit the fenders but do rub slightly on full lock and I am considering getting disc spacers to push the wheels outwards slightly.
Just picked up my otherwise stock 2000 TJ from someone who put 31's on. Since the steering stop jam nut is welded at the factory, I used stainless washers to fix that problem(Lot cheaper than wheel spacers!):

Tires rubbed on the back edge only for me, so I had to add these two washers to the drivers side to stop the passenger side from rubbing, and the passenger side steering stop only took one washer. Just a little trial and error to stop the rub but keep as tight a steering radius as I could. There is a slight bulge in the casting and you can see I trimmed the edge of the lower washer to clear that. Careful if you have to use penetrating oil to get the bolts out, don't get any on the brakes.
Wajoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2010, 05:25 PM   #18
BarmyBeast
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wajoe View Post
Just picked up my otherwise stock 2000 TJ from someone who put 31's on. Since the steering stop jam nut is welded at the factory, I used stainless washers to fix that problem(Lot cheaper than wheel spacers!):

Tires rubbed on the back edge only for me, so I had to add these two washers to the drivers side to stop the passenger side from rubbing, and the passenger side steering stop only took one washer. Just a little trial and error to stop the rub but keep as tight a steering radius as I could. There is a slight bulge in the casting and you can see I trimmed the edge of the lower washer to clear that. Careful if you have to use penetrating oil to get the bolts out, don't get any on the brakes.
Not a bad idea. I might give that a good look as it would save some cash on the spacers.
BarmyBeast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2010, 06:44 PM   #19
SDDAVE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Here's mine with the OME HD lift. Measured at the bumpers I gained 2.75 inch of lift.

SDDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2010, 07:12 PM   #20
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDDAVE View Post
Here's mine with the OME HD lift. Measured at the bumpers I gained 2.75 inch of lift.
any particular reason you went with the heavy duty version? how does it ride?
Unread 08-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #21
Wajoe
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarmyBeast View Post
Not a bad idea. I might give that a good look as it would save some cash on the spacers.
I can't take much credit for it. Had to figure it out for myself but then did a google search and found it well documented... should have just done the google thing right out of the gate. I was mildly pissed off for a few seconds when I located the steering stops and saw the tack welds on the jam nuts, but then:

shims!

Turning radius is still really good. Only if I change something else that brings back the rub would I consider worrying about my backspacing rather than putting more washers on the steering stops(would probably end up going for the budget washers again though, haha).
Wajoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2010, 09:24 PM   #22
SDDAVE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitSeven View Post
any particular reason you went with the heavy duty version? how does it ride?
HD recomended if you have heavy bumpers, winch, etc. The bumpers I have. Maybe someday the winch too. Rides better than stock.
SDDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
ome , suspension height

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.