How can I tell what OME shocks and springs are on my TJ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > How can I tell what OME shocks and springs are on my TJ?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-31-2010, 08:45 PM   #1
BarmyBeast
1998 TJ Wrangler 

How can I tell what OME shocks and springs are on my TJ?

Hello,

I recently bought myself a 4.0 Wrangler TJ. It has already been modified with OME suspension kit and I can see that the suspension is higher. The trouble is I have no idea how to find out by how much this suspension has raised the car by.

Is there something on the product that will tell me what lift it is providing or is there a way of measuring to see how much it has been lifted from stock?

I want to know as I am looking into my options of further mods including larger wheels.

Cheers

BarmyBeast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2010, 09:08 PM   #2
jdub36
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Pictures will help. More than likely it is a 2in suspension lift from OME but it could have spacers added or a body lift to make it more.

And try not to call you jeep a car, you will get ripped for that on here.

jw
jdub36 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2010, 09:10 PM   #3
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

N66 and N67 shocks?
inglisleslie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2010, 09:18 PM   #4
BarmyBeast
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have checked for spacers and body lift and neither are present so I know its just the suspension that is lifted.

I am just trying to upload some pics now.............if I can figure that out, haha
Unread 07-31-2010, 09:29 PM   #5
BarmyBeast
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 07-31-2010, 09:32 PM   #6
BarmyBeast
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 07-31-2010, 09:33 PM   #7
BarmyBeast
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Are these of any help?

The tires I currently have are 31 10.50 R15
Unread 07-31-2010, 09:36 PM   #8
BarmyBeast
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inglisleslie View Post
N66 and N67 shocks?
How can I find out? Is it written anywhere on the shock or spring? I have had a good look but can't find anything other than the OME logos.
Unread 07-31-2010, 09:50 PM   #9
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I dont think so....I just installed mine this last week and i didnt notice any markings. It was just on the box.
inglisleslie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2010, 10:03 PM   #10
Rubikahn

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I just checked mine and they are stamped. Get underneath the jeep and wipe off the lower portion of the shock. My fronts are stamped N66 underneath the word MAN. As far as the springs I would look for any remnants of a tag attached to them. If there aren't any tags you could contact ARB directly they may have a way to identify them by what they look like. As crazy as this sounds you could also pull up on the next wrangler you see. Get out and verify it's stock and then whip out a tape measure, then you'll know for sure how much lift you actually have. GL
OME ZJ/LJ lift, 33" MT MTZ on AR-23 wheels, front and rear JKS trackbars, 1" seat risers, MORE 1" BL and MML, factory Ipod adapter. Light khaki jeep club #72

Last edited by Rubikahn; 08-01-2010 at 02:58 PM..
Rubikahn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2010, 07:24 AM   #11
redo4x
2004 TJ Wrangler 

That's the 2 inch kit. I have the same lift with 32x11.50's. I've since added a 1.25 body lift and mml to raise the skid plate back up and make room for 33's in the future. I'm also going to add a 3/4 spacer up front since the front sits about an inch lower with the winch and bumper.
02-21-10_1432.jpg  
redo4x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2010, 09:06 AM   #12
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

read the tags and numbers...the PN for the shocks is stamped right into the lower side of the shock body. the springs have tags on them should say A or B, and IIRC in really small print the PN. if you can't find the PN for the springs, you're SOL...they make a few versions.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-01-2010, 06:50 PM   #13
BarmyBeast
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited04 View Post
read the tags and numbers...the PN for the shocks is stamped right into the lower side of the shock body. the springs have tags on them should say A or B, and IIRC in really small print the PN. if you can't find the PN for the springs, you're SOL...they make a few versions.
Gonna have a crawl under now and have a look. Cheers for that.
Unread 08-01-2010, 06:55 PM   #14
BarmyBeast
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redo4x View Post
That's the 2 inch kit. I have the same lift with 32x11.50's. I've since added a 1.25 body lift and mml to raise the skid plate back up and make room for 33's in the future. I'm also going to add a 3/4 spacer up front since the front sits about an inch lower with the winch and bumper.
I like your set up. Its similar to the way I am thinking of going. I would like to get 33s on my Jeep, but want to do it properly so that my off road capability isn't compromised.

By raising the body 1.25 and having the 2 inch spring lift, is that giving you the clearance for 33s? Do you get any scrubbing on the fenders or when you turn the wheel to full lock? Have you had to use disc spacers on your 32q?

My 31s at the moment don't hit the fenders but do rub slightly on full lock and I am considering getting disc spacers to push the wheels outwards slightly.
Unread 08-02-2010, 09:49 AM   #15
-dirt-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/fa...7/#post6077636

This might help too.
-dirt- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
ome , suspension height

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.