How can I tell if my 2000 TJ has california emissions? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > How can I tell if my 2000 TJ has california emissions?

Jeep Grand Cherokee Mirror - Side ViewJeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesThe Retrofit Source / JW Speaker LED Headlight GROUP BUY!

Unread 02-21-2012, 08:49 AM   #1
26679cj5
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

How can I tell if my 2000 TJ has california emissions?

So my ECM is out of a cherokee and I want to put the correct one in it. It works fine,but it always throws a code due to not being able to detect the fan relay for the cherokee's electric fan. I'm also getting an oxygen sensor code, so I'm going to replace all of those with new sensors since the jeep has about 130,000 miles on it.

Do I just need to pull the sensors and see if there's part numbers on them? 2000 was a split year and earlier models only have 2 sensors, while later models like mine have 4 sensors, 2 before the precats and 2 directly after the precats. The problem is that I have also read 4 sensors means I have california exhaust,but i'm not sure if that's true.

26679cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #2
26679cj5
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

nevermind, looked under the hood and found the sticker that states that it does have the california emissions
26679cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
dbsimpkins
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Where was this sticker? It's my understanding that if you have the pre-cats, you've got a cali jeep... if not, it's not. Got o2 issues on mine, but no pre-cats, so I'm searching for verification that it's not a cali-jeep... sensors being $100+ each, I don't wanna screw around with the wrong ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26679cj5 View Post
nevermind, looked under the hood and found the sticker that states that it does have the california emissions
dbsimpkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #4
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsimpkins View Post
Where was this sticker? It's my understanding that if you have the pre-cats, you've got a cali jeep... if not, it's not. Got o2 issues on mine, but no pre-cats, so I'm searching for verification that it's not a cali-jeep... sensors being $100+ each, I don't wanna screw around with the wrong ones.
Where are you buying sensors? Get them from Rock Auto or somewhere similar on line. A lot cheaper.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.