How to adjust door? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > How to adjust door?

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ Ch

Unread 11-13-2004, 05:09 PM   #1
Big Brutal

How to adjust door?

I have a 97 sport with full doors and hardtop and somehow the drivers side door come out of square and is now pinching the frame at the top on the windshield side. There is a larger gap near the latch area than on the passenger side door.

How do I adjust the door back and down?

Big Brutal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2004, 12:02 AM   #2
supertj4415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Brutal
I have a 97 sport with full doors and hardtop and somehow the drivers side door come out of square and is now pinching the frame at the top on the windshield side. There is a larger gap near the latch area than on the passenger side door.

How do I adjust the door back and down?

thats pretty strange.

Id make sure nothing is stuck/jammed in the hinges on the body. also try checkin the door surrounds, the are held on with the 2 large hand bolts the screw into the roll cage

FUTURE MODS:
44 front/9" rear w/ 4.88s and ARB

[URL=http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/507150][SIZE=3]My Jeep Pics[/SIZE][/URL]

JEEPS won a war....your Honda mowed my lawn
supertj4415 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2004, 06:44 AM   #3
Jeepin_Jeffster

Have you ever removed or loosened the hinges on your doors? It looks like they are out of alignment. You should be able to loosen them, adjust the position of the door, then tighten them back up.

[COLOR=white][B]White[/B][/COLOR] Jeep Club Member #22
Jeepin_Jeffster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2004, 10:48 AM   #4
jeepin_coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin_Jeffster
Have you ever removed or loosened the hinges on your doors? It looks like they are out of alignment. You should be able to loosen them, adjust the position of the door, then tighten them back up.
They're torx-40 screws. Make sure you don't strip them. I had to use a impact driver to get mine loose.
jeepin_coug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2004, 04:34 PM   #5
Big Brutal

I brought it used in august. I just noticed it or it just happened. There isn't any damage to the door anywhere. I can't imagine that I would not have noticed that before. I was getting water in the drivers side.

I have never touched the hinges or any part of the door.

Do I adjust the the hinge side on the door? Also, will it slide as I unloosen the three bolts?
Unread 11-14-2004, 06:02 PM   #6
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

With the door closed and latched, loosen the torx-head bolts on the door-side of the hinge slightly, just enough so you can move the door around. Center it up in the door frame then tighten the torx-head bolts real snug.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

TJ
HOLIDAY THEMED GIVEAWAY!
Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2004, 06:26 PM   #7
Big Brutal

Thanks for the info. I'll try to fix it tomorrow.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.