Horn Wont Work... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Horn Wont Work...

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDual Color LED Light Bars White/Amber

Unread 08-02-2006, 10:58 PM   #1
TjWranger98

Horn Wont Work...

Hi I just bought a jeep yesterday and one of the problems with it is that the horn doesn not work...

what do you think some of the reasons the horn wouldnt work and how can i get this working soon so i can pass inspection!!

thanks

TjWranger98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2006, 11:24 PM   #2
UCTJ
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Have you tried the fuse behind the glove box? Replace that one first, if it doesnt work under the hood there is another fuse block open it up and replace that one...most likely its the one behind the g-box.
UCTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2006, 11:25 PM   #3
thesherm
1998 TJ Wrangler 

try the relay under the hood. swap it with one next to it and see if it works
Unfortunately you are one of those poor misguided folks that believes leaving the gear shift lever in one slot or another is an indication of control.

Come go for a ride and I'll be glad to demonstrate the difference between what you perceive incorrectly as "control" and what control actually is.

Pick a different reason because that one is both lame and stupid to perpetuate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Pardon me for damaging your precious reputation. It's not that I disagree, that would be a difference of opinion. This isn't subjective, it's objective, you are just wrong. If you make that statement, you are misguided. It is that simple.
thesherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2006, 11:38 PM   #4
ixl4

sounds to me like a time for an upgrade dear sir... i'd go with a train horn myself

2000 Sport Manual.
Mods: RE 3.5 / JKS 1.25" BL / M.O.R.E. 1" MML / Rough Country Adjustable Trackbar / Dunlop Rover 33s Cragar 397 Soft Wheels / Winch / Nates4x4 Front Bumper & Rear w/ Tire Carrier / RE .75" Spacers / P.O.R.C. SYE / RE CV DS / Nth Degree Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arms / SkyJacker Front and Rear Lower Arms
ixl4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2006, 12:58 AM   #5
mingoglia

You could always get one of those, "horn broke, watch for finger" bumper stickers. Come on, I couldn't resist. . .

Mike
mingoglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2006, 04:27 AM   #6
cwlongshot
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Fuses are the best place to start......

Its possible the PO dis mantled it....TJ's have a problem with the button over the airbag. the factory uses a cheap opencell foam to keep the contacts seperated. when the TJ is left with te top off alot the sun's heat deteriates the foam. causing the horn to blow all by itself at 03:00 hrs!!!

I pulled the horns relay out to kill mine. Its in a blk box on the pass side inner fender well.

Just ask me how I know.....

I know have a button on my center console as I waasnt going to pay $60 for a new cover!!!

CW
'99 TJ 4.0 5 spd D30 W/AUSSIE & 8.8 W/ECTED 4:10's http://cave76.org/forums/cromag.php?...g&u=cwlongshot

'89 MJ 4.0 AW4 Hi-Pinion D30 with SPARTAN D44 W/DETROIT LOCKER 4:56's http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1230
cwlongshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2006, 04:30 AM   #7
ncb76
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Check the fuses, like everyone else said. Also, if you push the horn button, you should be able to hear the relay "click" if it's getting power. If you have a meter or test light, the easiest thing to do would be to check for power at the horn. Mine went dead a while back and I've never gotten around to replaceing them. I like the idea of an air horn.

'97 TJ Sport | 2" Spacer Lift | JKS Disconnects | RS 5000's | 32x11.5 ProComp MT's on MT Classic II's
ncb76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2006, 08:21 AM   #8
jeeptj19992001

Clock Spring Is Bad
Unread 08-03-2006, 08:45 AM   #9
NWilhelm
1999 TJ Wrangler 

yeah my jeep got wet the other day and the check engine light came on. It turned out to be the clock spring. Now cruise control works fine but the horn wont work. I bet its the clockspring, like 19992001 said.

Nick
'99 Chilli Pepper RED Jeep Wrangler TJ: Black Hard Top/Strapless Bikini/Viking Fast Back Top | Warn Rock Crawler Front Bumper | Homemade Rear Bumper | Black Herculiner interior | Rokmen Rear Corner Guards |

Red Jeep Club Member #352
NWilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2009, 04:05 PM   #10
jonegar
1993 ZJ 

Glove Box Relay Center

I have been searching for a diagram indicating what is what in the relay center located inside the glove box on my recently aquired 93 GC Ltd. When the horn button is pressed the fuse blows (#13 in the passenger side of dash I believe) I replaced what I'm assuming was the horn relay in the "power distribution center" as it is called in the manual (also referenced in the Haynes book I bought) but the there was no change - hit the horn button, relay clicks, and "pop" goes the fuse. Anyone have a diagram to this relay block? Anyone have any other ideas to look for?
jonegar is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.