hiss noise from engine and doesnt wana down shift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > hiss noise from engine and doesnt wana down shift

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe still have some great deals going on!Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 08-11-2009, 03:01 PM   #1
emahan01
1999 TJ Wrangler 

hiss noise from engine and doesnt wana down shift

i jus changed the exaust manifold and it seemed to have fixed the diesel sound but after i got it all back together i drove it and it doesnt seem to want to down shift when i get on it and there is a hissing sound i cant seem to find. i can literaly smash the gas to the floor and it wont down shift and the rps jus slowly go up.

Unread 08-11-2009, 04:17 PM   #2
Luke94XJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

sounds like a vacuum leak, I didn't know they had a vacuum kickdown, maybe they don't. Most likely that's the problem do you have a chiltons with a vacuum diagram or a underhood diagram on the fan shroud? you should check that see if there's anything going down to your trans. on the diagram.
Luke94XJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2009, 12:54 AM   #3
emahan01
1999 TJ Wrangler 

bump anyone else have a suggestion from what i can see i put all the lines back together where they were
Unread 08-12-2009, 08:05 AM   #4
emahan01
1999 TJ Wrangler 

when i start the jeep it idles higher then before also im guessing i got a vacuum leak somewhere i dont know where it cld be though
Unread 08-12-2009, 08:32 AM   #5
ZachAttack923
1997 TJ Wrangler 

when we moved the intake i think we pinched a vaccum line and now its leaking cause remember the lines that we dident take off i think that one of those got pinched
2.5L Low Output #923
White Jeep Club #923
1997 Jeep Wrangler 2.5L AX-5 D30/35 4.10 gears
31in Wildcat A/T's
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_niko View Post
I would be as nervous as a virgin on prom night if I had to drive that
ZachAttack923 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.