High Speed tire balancing. What will this acheive? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > High Speed tire balancing. What will this acheive?

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 11-02-2009, 08:59 AM   #1
TheHeretic
Kool Kat 4x4

2005 TJ Wrangler 

High Speed tire balancing. What will this acheive?

Morning! I'm about to get my TJ tires high-speed balanced. What is the advantage compared to regular balancing machine? I'm at a shop that does transport tires, and they have highspeed balancer.

The only True Professional Mechanic in the Greater Toronto Area for Modified Jeeps, and trucks. If Rock Spyder hasn't seen it before, or done it before, you don't need it.

http://rockspyder4x4.com

http://koolkat4x4.org
TheHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2009, 09:10 AM   #2
canyon47
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Not sure what it would do for off road tires. I have a 350z and bought some yokohamas a while back. I had them balanced by the shop and while driving home they seemed unbalanced as soon as I passed about 83mph. Anything under that and they were fine. I went back to the shop told them of the issue and they did a highspeed balance for a little extra and now the car is stable up to max speed.
canyon47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2009, 09:11 AM   #3
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

The "road force" balancing does a better job with larger tires.
Hunter GSP9700 Wheel vibration Control System solves wheel vibration and tire pull problems that balancers and aligners can?t fix
2000' WJ Limited 4.7L-V8/D44/Quadra-Drive/31" MT's/3" lift
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2009, 11:23 AM   #4
TheHeretic
Kool Kat 4x4

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Solved!!!!

Finally, the last remaining steering shimmy is gone!!! It turns out the last place that balanced the 31's only did a static balance. I didn't know the difference. Now after being balanced on a highspeed, staticly; the Jeep rides beautifully now. There is no shaking in the steering at any speed, any legal speed !

Did discover though that one of the tires cannot be balanced. The Tech said it was a bad tire, so its on the back. I drove it on the highway, and although one tire is out of round, and unbalanced I couldn't feel anything in the steering wheel OR in the seat.

If it does get bad again, I'll have to replace the two rear tires. Shame I went with expensive rubber though.

Good Year Silent Armor Wranglers arn't cheap, but oh well. I got them second hand so I don't even have the receipt.

The only True Professional Mechanic in the Greater Toronto Area for Modified Jeeps, and trucks. If Rock Spyder hasn't seen it before, or done it before, you don't need it.

http://rockspyder4x4.com

http://koolkat4x4.org
TheHeretic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.