High beam indicator light stays on - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > High beam indicator light stays on

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-23-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
VMI Jeeper
2004 TJ Wrangler 

High beam indicator light stays on

Alright, so I just drove home from work and my high beam indicator light on the dash stayed on nearly the whole drive home.

When I started the jeep up, the indicator was on. I flashed my brights a couple of times to see if it would turn off and it did after a few times. As I got on the highway the indicator lamp came back on and I didn't turn on the brights anymore. It stayed on for about 10 miles and then went off again. It stayed off the rest of the drive home with the just the low beams on.

Now while I was at work we had a pretty nasty thunderstorm roll through. Since I am only running the safari top and duster cover with no doors, the jeep got a little wet (definitely not the first time). I did have the seats folded forward to help protect the dash as much as possible.

Now I'm not too worried about this since the indicator light eventually went off. However, I was just wondering if this was some type of warning if the light stayed on? That or maybe the switch in the steering column got a little wet and was malfunctioning?

Just looking for some other ideas/opinions or if anyone else has experienced this!

VMI Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2010, 09:49 PM   #2
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Switch got wet, let it dry.
wushaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric , electrical , high beam , dash , light , tj , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.