post #1 of Old 07-23-2010, 08:18 PM Thread Starter
VMI Jeeper
2004 TJ Wrangler 

High beam indicator light stays on

Alright, so I just drove home from work and my high beam indicator light on the dash stayed on nearly the whole drive home.

When I started the jeep up, the indicator was on. I flashed my brights a couple of times to see if it would turn off and it did after a few times. As I got on the highway the indicator lamp came back on and I didn't turn on the brights anymore. It stayed on for about 10 miles and then went off again. It stayed off the rest of the drive home with the just the low beams on.

Now while I was at work we had a pretty nasty thunderstorm roll through. Since I am only running the safari top and duster cover with no doors, the jeep got a little wet (definitely not the first time). I did have the seats folded forward to help protect the dash as much as possible.

Now I'm not too worried about this since the indicator light eventually went off. However, I was just wondering if this was some type of warning if the light stayed on? That or maybe the switch in the steering column got a little wet and was malfunctioning?

Just looking for some other ideas/opinions or if anyone else has experienced this!

post #2 of Old 07-23-2010, 09:49 PM
wushaw
Rockin jeep

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Switch got wet, let it dry.

Tags
electric , electrical , high beam , dash , light , tj , wrangler