HID Lights in TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > HID Lights in TJ

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-31-2008, 11:18 AM   #1
XXRider
2003 TJ Wrangler 

HID Lights in TJ

Just wondering if anyone has put HID lights in aftermarket headlights in there Jeep.

I was looking at a set of HID's for my bike and they are cheap now, so I was thinking of replacing the stock lights with new housings and HID's.

XXRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2008, 04:15 AM   #2
madrabbitt

I dont remember who makes them, although at some point tonight i did see them online when researching something else, but there are full hid conversion kits with the projector and lens assembly for your 7 inch round lights

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2008, 05:04 AM   #3
joker713
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I can make you a custom set... click the link in my signature to see pictures of them on my jeep! PM me and let me know if youre interested
Unread 08-01-2008, 03:26 PM   #4
Oman Jeep
Web Wheeler

I have HID's in my Jeep - by Xsighting.com - a division of Valeo Sylvania who is the OE supplier for the SRT-10 headlights. My Jeep's headlights shares the internals with the SRT-10. Wish I could say that about the engine too!

Very simple install, out with the old and in with the new, and US Street Legal.

http://www.oman4x4.com/hidlights.htm

I've had them since December 2003, they're still going strong 5 years later and I'd never go back. Both units survived a hell of a crash that led to the AEV Highline Fender Job.

They do look different up close but it only took a couple months to feel "normal" but when looking at the Jeep as a whole you don't really notice it unless someone points it out.

Last edited by Oman Jeep; 08-01-2008 at 03:38 PM..
Oman Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2009, 02:00 AM   #5
ajeepcreep
2005 TJ Wrangler 

less expensive solution.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Headlight-HID...742.m153.l1262
ajeepcreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2009, 02:04 AM   #6
JSBlu974X4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I bought IPF H4 housings, a friend of mine has a shop he sells kits for 200 for both high low HID or just low for 120. PM me if interested, mine turned out great with 6,000K
2005 Unlimited Rubicon Hard N Soft Tops, Clayton Long Arm on RE Coils, Warn Bumper/Tire Carrier, Warn Winch N Bumper, Currie Steering, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Front Trac Bar, Bilsteins, CO2 System..Yada Yada Yada
JSBlu974X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2009, 08:12 AM   #7
CrazyRobCustoms
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hids

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-98...Q5fAccessories

I bought these and are Quite happy with them. They are glass too for a whopping 24 bucks shipped! Then you can buy a hid kit in ebay for between 65 and 80 dollars. Keep in mind that if you dont by a BI-Xenon kit you will not have high beam. the bi-xenon kits on ebay are usally closer to 100 or 130. Still your total cost is 150.00 bucks. Ive done it this way on 2 jeeps now. Its worth every Penny. Ill never go back to non hid bulbs.
Unread 04-12-2009, 09:52 AM   #8
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

i did the h4 HID bulbs and they worked ok for me. the glare if you adjust properly isn't that bad ... i'm using cibie reflectors.

i did modify the bixenon bulb shield with a cut up soda can and a mig welder for a little better cutoff ... it's very nice now.

but those cheap projector headlamps are intriguing .. what results did you get with those Rob?

not to steal this thread ... but i'm also looking for a set of projector foglights that i can either swap to HIDs or are built for HIDS ... anybody have any leads?

ps there's a link in my sig about my HIDs ... i haven't updated with the altered bulb shields but i will soon.
Will be missed:
1999 "Deep Amethyst" TJ +3" on 33's
C2U5H is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2009, 10:57 AM   #9
L8APEX1
1997 TJ Wrangler 

the delta quadbar headlights have the correct beam cutoff pattern for hid. no crazy glare and people wont be flashing their lights at you constantly
L8APEX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2009, 10:58 AM   #10
uvalax236
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have the VVME dual beam HID kit. Got the IPF housings and installed the wiring harness. VVME charged me $100 shipped to my door for the 6000k bulbs.

http://www.vvme.com/product/detail-20022.html
RE 4.5 Springs/BrakeLines/HD TB, Currie Steering, VVME 3000k, 6000k HID Systems, IPF H4 Headlights,
315/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers on Moab's, 5.13's and TruSpeed
uvalax236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2009, 04:26 PM   #11
CrazyRobCustoms
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hids

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinTJ99 View Post
i did the h4 HID bulbs and they worked ok for me. the glare if you adjust properly isn't that bad ... i'm using cibie reflectors.

i did modify the bixenon bulb shield with a cut up soda can and a mig welder for a little better cutoff ... it's very nice now.

but those cheap projector headlamps are intriguing .. what results did you get with those Rob?

not to steal this thread ... but i'm also looking for a set of projector foglights that i can either swap to HIDs or are built for HIDS ... anybody have any leads?

ps there's a link in my sig about my HIDs ... i haven't updated with the altered bulb shields but i will soon.
I'm a Audi/Vw tech and have been around hids for some time. I checked your thread gezzz that got long. As far as keeping a pattern/beam without defusing light everywhere you need a projector for best results.The ones on Ebay that I gave a link for work fairly well. The beam result is worth 25 bucks all day. I'm also looking to put the HiDS in a set of fog lights too. I came across those bug eye big money projectors before. I just cant get used to them.Damn ugly... Let me know what you find with the fog lights. thanks
Unread 04-12-2009, 06:30 PM   #12
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRobCustoms View Post
I'm a Audi/Vw tech and have been around hids for some time. I checked your thread gezzz that got long. As far as keeping a pattern/beam without defusing light everywhere you need a projector for best results.The ones on Ebay that I gave a link for work fairly well. The beam result is worth 25 bucks all day. I'm also looking to put the HiDS in a set of fog lights too. I came across those bug eye big money projectors before. I just cant get used to them.Damn ugly... Let me know what you find with the fog lights. thanks
thanks i think i'm going to give them a try. even though my beam pattern is ok, with the fluted lenses there is some scattering.

How is the build quality? any glass/metal or is it all plastic?

and so far, for a universal projector lamp with a fog light beam pattern, thius is my only real find ... it's for the front bumper i'm making:
$63 with H3 bulb
Will be missed:
1999 "Deep Amethyst" TJ +3" on 33's
C2U5H is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2009, 08:26 PM   #13
SKIN
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Has anyone driven under water with these installed? How do they fair? I actually off road in my Jeep. Not sure these would last very long with a little abuse.
SKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2009, 09:00 PM   #14
jdub2k5
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKIN View Post
Has anyone driven under water with these installed? How do they fair? I actually off road in my Jeep. Not sure these would last very long with a little abuse.
this is what I worry about

I want to get hid fogs and hid headlights but I worry about water
Unread 12-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #15
Deezul
2004 TJ Wrangler 

isnt there a 30 page thread on this?
2004 Khaki Rubicon. Jeeperman Custom Brushguard and 54" bumper, Kilby steering skid, Skidrow radiator skid, SRC Rockcrawler rocker guards, UFW Al Engine Skid, OME Shocks, JKS Quicker Discos, AEM Dryflo intake;KC Slimlight 130W Long range lights, ORO LiteDots and LitePlate, Banks Stainless Monster cat-back, Eclipse stereo, BA Speakers, Jeeperman Handles, Cobra CB, interior leds... more to come.

**R.I.P NOW TOTALED** 98TJ Sport, 30x9.5 BFG ATKO's on AR Outlaw II's, K&N FIPK, Borla Catback,
Green jeep club member #139
Deezul is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.