herculiner Q's - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > herculiner Q's

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **ENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTIEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 08-07-2006, 06:34 PM   #1
superman613

herculiner Q's

I'm about to start the herculining process on my jeep but i had a couple questions:

1) What should I do about the bolts in the "bed" of the jeep that are painted over? (there are two on the passenger side)

2) How long do I wait before i remove the masking tape and bolt hole fillers?

3) Any other tips?

THANKS GUYS!!

Tommy T.

15x8 Cragar Soft 8's
Explorer ProComp 2" suspension lift
1.75" BB lift on top of that
BL/MML coming soon to a Jeep near you!!
[COLOR=white]White Jeep Member #613[/COLOR]
superman613 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2006, 06:37 PM   #2
Erik T.
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have another question also.

I'm wanting to herculine my stinger, it's powdercoated. I'd rather do it myself - any tips?

(Answer his first if you can though since I'm breaking into his thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Hack work? :rofl: You just described half the modified jeeps on this board.
Erik T. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2006, 07:33 PM   #3
JeepRevolution
2005 WK 

I'm not sure of what bolts, but if you dont plan on taking them out, go over them. For all your other holes use earplugs, works GREAT. I waited until about half way through the cure on my second coat, jsut a little bit tacky so it would hold the tape.

Tips:

PREP PREP PREP, its your most inportant part. Use the earplugs and go over everything 3 times to make sure you got everything. That and be ready for along day! Good Luck!
JeepRevolution is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2006, 07:41 PM   #4
bdf1783
2000 TJ Wrangler 

were thier is alot of foot were i would do more than three coats i put three on my drivers side and were my foot rubs on the floor near the gass pedal it is allready worn off it was about 3 weeks old . o ya deff wear long sleeves and gloves i didnt and it took like 4 days for it to come off i didnt take the warning seriously and i payed for that got to a piont were i almost used a wire brush i was so agervated good luck post some pics after
bdf1783 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.