Help With Nates Bumper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Help With Nates Bumper

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-13-2007, 10:02 AM   #1
FritzTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Help With Nates Bumper

I purchased a nates rear bumper/ tire carrier around 6 months ago. I am happy with the craftsmenship but a little disapointed in the support. I never recieved the grade eight hardware kit to mount it and after some unreturned phone calls and emails I gave up. So I just bolted it up with grade 8 nuts and bolts from dumb depot. (4 on each side through the cross member)
Recently I saw a friends Garvin industries bumper and noticed the bracketry that mounts to the frame. 2 brackets that go from the rear cross member to the outside of the frame (1 on each side) and 2 that go from the bottom of the bumper and bolt into the frame underneath where the oem bolts went. This makes me feel my setup is not strong enough. I called garvin and they will not sell me a hardware kit separately and I sent another email to Nates...

Any suggestions? I know a local welder/ fabricator could help me out but I am looking for a cheap easy bolt up solution that will not require my jeep going into a shop. Anyone know a place I could by a kit from???

Unread 06-13-2007, 10:09 AM   #2
frankiefire702
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You talking bout these brackets? http://jeeperman.com/FK.html
Unread 06-13-2007, 10:51 AM   #3
FritzTJ
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Brakets

Yes! You the man! Thanks Jake

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.