Help with my TJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Help with my TJ

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.cFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 01-13-2014, 06:19 PM   #1
Riley
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Help with my TJ

Recently have been doing a lot of work to my 2000 TJ sport. Has 2.5" lift, 33s wheel spacers, and totally blacked out. In the market for some rims, and can't decide between black or chrome rims... Also, looking for any cheap modifications that look cool, trying to make it a head turner. One more thing, my picture won't attach to this post.. whats the easiest way to make the file size under the limit..?

Riley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 06:25 PM   #2
Moezer
2015 JK Wrangler 

black or chrome lol if its the black look you are going for then take black also for the pics u can post a link
Moezer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 06:34 PM   #3
greene69
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Black, chrome isn't an option! I have to resize my pictures then post them. Kinda a pain but it works.
ocracoke-010-2-.jpg

greene69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 06:47 PM   #4
bigburb11

2006 LJ Wrangler 

I like the black also, but don't think that will make it a "head turner". If ya want a head turner, maybe you need some machined aluminum wheels with gloss black painted inlays/accents. I haven't checked for our jeep wheel sizes, but I've seen some really cool looking custom wheels in aluminum/gloss black.
Unread 01-13-2014, 06:49 PM   #5
greene69
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigburb11 View Post
I like the black also, but don't think that will make it a "head turner". If ya want a head turner, maybe you need some machined aluminum wheels with gloss black painted inlays/accents. I haven't checked for our jeep wheel sizes, but I've seen some really cool looking custom wheels in aluminum/gloss black.
My buddy has some of those in 22" on his f150, nice, but they are proud of them.
greene69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 06:53 PM   #6
Slobert
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Can't help you with head turning wheels, everyone's opinion is subjective and my tastes are for simple functional wheels. I have satin aluminum wheels and I love them but they are pretty plain. I have seen some hideous wheels on jeeps lately so my tastes must be outdated. As far as posting photo's, post your photos to a photo hosting site such as photobucket then you simply post the image link from photobucket in your post here and the picture will show up.
Slobert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 06:56 PM   #7
Slobert
2006 TJ Wrangler 

PS. just a heads up, since this is a Tech forum, when you post up "help with my TJ" most are probably thinking you need help with a technical issue like engine nock, death wobble, what sized shocks, etc. Not sure choosing wheels based on looks qualifies as Tech. I don't really care, but there are those that do.
Slobert is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 07:17 PM   #8
Riley
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobert View Post
PS. just a heads up, since this is a Tech forum, when you post up "help with my TJ" most are probably thinking you need help with a technical issue like engine nock, death wobble, what sized shocks, etc. Not sure choosing wheels based on looks qualifies as Tech. I don't really care, but there are those that do.
Sorry! I'm pretty new to this, I didnt know where to post it!
Riley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 07:23 PM   #9
1993sahara
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Here's my black on black
15" mamba wheels 33" duratracs
2"spacer lift
image-933427493.jpg

l--L --[]lllll[]-

()_) ()_)-o-)_)
1993sahara is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 07:34 PM   #10
BLK00TJ
Creepy Crawler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Does this help? My wheels have rock rash really bad so I stripped one to see what it'd look like. The first one I stripped looked good but the second had deep machining marks that would have wore me out buffing them. I ended up repainting the wheel.

BLK00TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
advice , jeep , lift , tj , wheeling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.