help with my 97 TJ Power Distribution Center - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > help with my 97 TJ Power Distribution Center

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 11-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
firefly

help with my 97 TJ Power Distribution Center

I run a plow on my 1997 TJ and the power lead for the plow controller has been connected to the Coolant Fan lead located in the Power Distribution Center (fuse box) under the hood.

I somehow shorted out the connection and now there is no power to the lead (you have to remove the relay (#G)) to get access to the power lead.

Is there a reset to get power back to this relay? The relay itself is not blown...you have to remove the relay and plug your plow controller lead into the open slot beneath the relay.

Thanks in advance.

65 Vette ragtop
2008 JK Sahara Unlimited
firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #2
firefly

Looked at it again and have the answer...if you ever lose power to one of the relay's on your Electrical Power Distribution Center (under the hood) and you know the relay works then look at fuse # 11 behind the glove box: Power Distribution Coil fuse. Mine was blown. Replaced and power is back.
65 Vette ragtop
2008 JK Sahara Unlimited
firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2009, 09:08 PM   #3
BlueFlame
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I would have put an inline fuse holder on it and connected it to the large positive terminal on the outside (at the rear end) of the PDC.
BlueFlame is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.