Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Help me identify the lift(s) on my TJ

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  AKABOB 
#1 ·
I bought an '03 Rubicon about 1 1/2 years ago. It had 33's on it on some mild lift. The guy I bought it from only had the Jeep for a couple months. He said the original owner had a 2 1/2" lift installed, but he later contradicted himself and said 2 3/4. Anyway, I want to lift the Jeep a little bit more than it is. I am trying to figure out what is currently on the Jeep. I can see what I believe are coil spacers in the front and back that measure 1 3/4" tall. The springs have original mopar stickers on them and the part number indicates that they are original. THe shocks too. Could it be that the Jeep only has 1 3/4" of lift? Is that enough for 33's? I am trying to determine if it has a small body lift. There are rubber disks between where the body sits and the frame. Are these some kind of stock rubber isolation parts or is this a body lift? They are only about 3/4" tall.

Thanks!

#2 ·
probably just a coil spacer, the small rubber pieces you see are prob the stock mounts. I wouldnt recommend a body lift any bigger than 1" b/c you can run into shifter problems. If it were me id trash the coil spacers and go with a complete suspension. There are some reasonable lifts that consist of just shocks coils etc. and can be added to or built up as you go on. Or piecing a lift together of your own with what you want out of your jeep and what you plan on doing like trails/rocks/mall crawler..

but if you choose to do this it pays to save and buy a good quality product than go cheap and pay more later especially with something as important as suspension...found this out the hard way many times...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.