Help me build my 2000 Wrangler! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Help me build my 2000 Wrangler!

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 01-16-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
Riley
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Help me build my 2000 Wrangler!

2000 Jeep Wrangler sport, black, nearly dead stock. Looking to put some rims, tires, and a lift kit. I also looked into halo lights but I'm not sure how it would look.. Please send me links and suggestions! It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks- Riley

img_3515.jpg  
Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #2
WhyJayPA
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Please no halo lights.

Lift Kit first, then tires and wheels.

Stay away from rough country. Its will lift your jeep just like any other kit but it will ride terribly and eventually sag and fail after a year or so.

2"-4" lift with 33's - 35's looks good on a tj amd isnt going overboard.
Unread 01-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
BLK00TJ
Creepy Crawler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

It's your Jeep. Browse other members and see what you like about theirs. If you wheel, wheel stock and figure out from there what needs to be done first.
BLK00TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #4
onyxthecat
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK00TJ View Post
It's your Jeep. Browse other members and see what you like about theirs. If you wheel, wheel stock and figure out from there what needs to be done first.
This. It's exactly what I did. Then went BB, JKS 1.25" BL and 32's and loved it. Eventually wanting to do tougher trails so I did the RE 3.5" and 35's. Take the mods slow and see what you like best. Riding on 35's isn't always the best for everyone.

Also, definitely no halo headlights, they do nothing for you. Try looking at IPF housings and bulbs.
onyxthecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
ctorres018
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyJayPA View Post
Please no halo lights.

Stay away from rough country. Its will lift your jeep just like any other kit but it will ride terribly and eventually sag and fail after a year or so.

Why only call out RC? There's other lifts that are just as bad. Also you are recommending 35s, there's more to that then just a 2-4" lift..

OP there's too many answers to the question you have, read around and you'll see the amount of different possibilities you can do for your jeep.
ctorres018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 07:46 PM   #6
WhyJayPA
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctorres018

Why only call out RC? There's other lifts that are just as bad. Also you are recommending 35s, there's more to that then just a 2-4" lift..

OP there's too many answers to the question you have, read around and you'll see the amount of different possibilities you can do for your jeep.
I am very aware of this. I was trying to keep it simple for him since he is obviously not very experienced, or else he wouldn't be asking the question.

Generally speaking he could fit 33's with 2-2.5" of lift and 35's with somewhere around 4" of lift. I know there is much much more to it but too much to explain to someone just starting out modifying their jeep.

I'm sure he can do all the reading he wants but I felt my advice gives him a good place to start searching from.

I called out RC because I have dealt with and owned RC products. They are not good quality and will not hold up. If you want to disagree, so be it, but you are sorely mistaken. There are other bad lifts but RC is the one most new jeepers go for, including myself, and it is not a wise choice.
Unread 01-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #7
TJ-Mike-00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sway bar disconnects, front and rear lockers, winch plate and winch....then have fun!
TJ-Mike-00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 07:55 PM   #8
Turcsi_Wheeler
2001 XJ Cherokee 

The best advice in my opinion is look on TJ wrangler picture threads and look at what you like, then find out what their set up is. If you like one thing from their set up then include it to yours and then try to find someone with a very similar set up your looking for to make sure it's what you want
Turcsi_Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 08:04 PM   #9
stockerokie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Take the milk jugs off the front. Paint the headlight bezels black. What rearend do you have? What gear ratio do you have? Wheel it stock see what you like doing. Oh and read as much as possible. Cheers
stockerokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #10
DKenyon28

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyJayPA View Post
Please no halo lights.

When is the last time you had a RC lift? I've had the n2.0 lift for over a year and have had ZERO issues with it. Also, it doesn't ride horrible. It rides the same as any other Jeep I've ever ridden in.
DKenyon28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2013, 08:20 PM   #11
WhyJayPA
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I just removed a sagging rc lift off my yj and have had buddies complain about the ride and sag on their tj's with rc lifts. To each his own but if you want to go for just looks then an rc lift is fine but a higher end lift will outperform it hands down if you actually plan on wheeling it. Its all about what he wants to do with his jeep i guess.
Unread 01-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #12
DKenyon28

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I do wheel mine and it performs just fine. I don't go on crazy rock trails or anything but for the moderate wheeling trips, it works fine. Now if he's going all out then yeah spend the money on a high end lift.
DKenyon28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #13
Riley
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry, i havent paid attention to this, i forgot i posted it.. I actually purchased and installed the halo lights which look pretty clean if i say so myself, i also installed a train horn which is very amusing, and i just purchased a 2.5 inch lift kit but havent installed it yet.. i want to have small rims but a large tire, are 33s too big on a 2.5 lift?
img_4005.jpg   img_4384.jpg   img_4389.jpg  
Riley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 06:38 PM   #14
Cavitation
1999 TJ Wrangler 

2.5 and a 1 or 1.5 inch body lift would be better for 33s. RC is not that bad. I have 3 years on my 2.5 springs and 3/4 inch pucks with towing and hard wheeling. No sag whats so ever. However do not get the 2.2 shocks they are stiff and do not last. If you go with more than 2.5 inches you will need longer sway links, shocks and most likely a TC drop.

I recommend getting the 3.25 RC kit with better shocks. Wheel the piss out of it till the D35 blows up. Then put in an 8.8 and a 360 V8 with new control arms and highlines etc. with 37s. Thats what I am doing.

OH yeah I am not sorely mistaken either.

AL
Cavitation is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.