Help!! I've got 600.00 what lift should i get? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Help!! I've got 600.00 what lift should i get?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-07-2004, 09:17 PM   #1
unlimited2005

Help!! I've got 600.00 what lift should i get?

i'm going to get a lift, can you guys help me decide which one, theres so damn many........what do you look for? I'm probably going to clear 32s or 33s.....

unlimited2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2004, 09:28 PM   #2
wakeboarder 21

you have enough for the RE standard, but i would save up more adn not rush into things

RE 3.5 __ 1" BL__RE front adj. trac bar__Currie Anti Rock sway bar__33 BFG M/T with some black steelies__K&N Filter__CB___ Durango 4x4 Front Bumper

building for 37s

[URL=http://orw.truckmoxie.com/mygallery.ten?id=4573]***PICS***[/URL]
wakeboarder 21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2004, 09:52 PM   #3
unlimited2005

I want it to ride like stock, I dont want it to be all bumpy and shaky
unlimited2005 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2004, 10:17 PM   #4
TXST8tj
2001 TJ Wrangler 

do a take your pic of brand 2" budget boost for about $150 and a Daystar 1" body lift for about the same, install them yourself and run your 32s or 33s. i don't know if the body lift is out yet for the unlimited, but if it's not yet it will be very soon. that'll leave you about $300 to do something else with.......like some body armor.
TXST8tj is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2004, 11:14 PM   #5
StealthTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlimited2005
I want it to ride like stock, I dont want it to be all bumpy and shaky

2" BB, and a 1 1/4" bl and stick with 31's.
Spend the money that you've saved for other mods, as already mention, like armor..

Fred
[b]Misc[/b] - Tera 2wd lo.
[b]Tires[/b] - 35x12.50 MT/R's siped on 15x7 Champion Beadlocks.
[b]Recovery[/b] - Warn XD9000i
StealthTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2004, 11:37 PM   #6
RockRunner85
2004 TJ Wrangler 

OME springs and shocks -- rides better than stock from what ive heard -- not sure on the price -- gives around 2-3 inches of lift -- add a 1" body lift to clear 33s

RE 3.5 SuperFlex & Front Trackbar / JKS 1.25" BL & MML / 35x12.5 MTRs on 15x8 AR-23s / Currie Anti-Rock / Jeeperman Bumpers / Rokmen Sliders / York OBA / Harbor Freight 8k Winch
RockRunner85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2004, 03:45 AM   #7
SmithersGS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRunner85
OME springs and shocks -- rides better than stock from what ive heard -- not sure on the price -- gives around 2-3 inches of lift -- add a 1" body lift to clear 33s
Be careful! I went to my Jeep shop expecting to get the RE 3.5 Standard lift, which my guy quoted to me at $450. By the time I got done lookin' through that damn RE magazine, I had ordered the lift, DT shocks, the adjustable track bar, stainless brake lines, discos, and the shipping charge. $1008. And, this shop gives 10% off to members of Midwest Jeepthing so it actually should cost more than that. He was like, "Are you sure you're gonna get all this?" I just felt like getting as much stuff done as possible in one install.

And by the way, install it yourself if possible. You could practically buy another lift kit for the price of an install.
SmithersGS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2004, 05:45 AM   #8
trailboss
2002 TJ Wrangler 

You could go with the 2" or 3" kit from 4WD.com...I just put on the 2" so I wouldnt have to mess around with the rest of the jeep, and I am happy with it: I would do it again.

The 3" might be up your alley a bit more. The price was good for either of them.

An educated, armed populace cannot be enslaved.
trailboss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2004, 11:12 AM   #9
brandongrover

get a RE 3.5 standard from jason at redrock. install yourself. total price will be just over 600 most likely. thats with adj front track bar and shocks. you will be able to clean 33's with ease. the ride will be better then a BB and BL
Black Jeep Member #333
2004 Sport
3.5" BDS w/ 1"MORE MML and 1" BL
Looks like a beast drives like crap, working on it...

Running Big Waylon's Old Gear Member #1
brandongrover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2004, 11:53 AM   #10
thejeepman05

My suspension lift offa ebay was #549 shipped. Take that fifty bucks and buy a steak dinner for you and a lady.
Unread 10-08-2004, 02:42 PM   #11
thenewkid

id suggest the 3" bds kit from dc4wd. ive been runnin it for bout 2 months now and it is awesome. leave plenty of room for my 33s and will run u way under 600. i think you could even upgrade to jks discos for under 600. ive run it twice offroad it flexed amazingly. kit is very complete altho u do have to drill a hole for the front trackbar but that isnt that hard.

Redneck jeeper #5
thenewkid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2004, 02:46 PM   #12
Hanzo
2006 TJ Wrangler 

...I don't think I've ever said the words "help, I've got $600" before...hellva problem you got there bud.
Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2004, 02:55 PM   #13
RockRunner85
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandongrover
get a RE 3.5 standard from jason at redrock. install yourself. total price will be just over 600 most likely. thats with adj front track bar and shocks. you will be able to clean 33's with ease. the ride will be better then a BB and BL
I have the RE 3.5" lift and the ride is defiantly harsher than stock. Just wanted to point that out so this guy isn't mislead.

RE 3.5 SuperFlex & Front Trackbar / JKS 1.25" BL & MML / 35x12.5 MTRs on 15x8 AR-23s / Currie Anti-Rock / Jeeperman Bumpers / Rokmen Sliders / York OBA / Harbor Freight 8k Winch
RockRunner85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2004, 06:19 PM   #14
lupinsea
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Well, normally I'd recommend the RE 2" BB. Very economical and very complete with a lot of flexibility for about $200. Then invest in other things such as armor. It rides very close to stock but is marginally firmer. I was concerned about ride quality a lot but I barely notice a difference.

If you wanted a much more plush ride then the OME lifts would be a possiblity. I think they are about three times the price of the RE 2" BB but the ride quality is supposed to be great, better than stock. Though many people aren't convinced the OME lifts are 3 times as good.

However, after seeing the performance of the Unlimited on the trails last weekend you might want to consider a taller lift, around the 3"+ range. The Unlimited that I ran with was great, very impressive but I could see where the break over angle "could" be an issue. I'm not as familiar with taller lifts but many on here have said good things about the RE 3.5's. Talk to Rubicon Express to see if their standard TJ kit will fit the new Unlimiteds. I don't know why not.

A note about the 3.5" RE kit, there's two types: a standard 3.5" for $540 and the 3.5" superflex with replacement control arms that have high flex joints. The standard kit should ride smoother because of the rubber bushings. Also, the ride depends a lot on the shocks you get. Neither of the 3.5" RE kits come with shock sot that's an added cost but allows you to select a softer shock.

Another note about the 3.5" lifts. On a standard TJ, once you go above ~2" of suspension lift you either need t-case spacers to lower your t-case again OR get a SYE and new rear drive shaft. However, the unlimiteds have a longer rear driveshaft so the driveline angles may not be such a big deal. Something to check on.

FYI: Here's a pic of an Unlimited wiith a 2.5" OME lift and 32x10.50 Supeswampers:

I guess the big question is what do you want to do with your Unlimited? Hardcore trail running, fire-road exploration, moderate trail runs? Figure that out and then go from there. A 2" lift will get you into a lot of places with the Unlimited and they'll fit a 32" tire. If you want to keep your stock rims, consider the Spidertrax wheel spacers for some added clearance for 32x11.50's.

Bottom line: I'd say save up a little more and go for the standard 3.5" lift with good shocks.

Last edited by lupinsea; 10-08-2004 at 06:34 PM..
lupinsea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-08-2004, 08:19 PM   #15
StealthTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandongrover
get a RE 3.5 standard
<SNIP>
the ride will be better then a BB and BL

Bull crap ....

Fred
[b]Misc[/b] - Tera 2wd lo.
[b]Tires[/b] - 35x12.50 MT/R's siped on 15x7 Champion Beadlocks.
[b]Recovery[/b] - Warn XD9000i
StealthTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.