HELP!! I need ideas for next MOD.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > HELP!! I need ideas for next MOD..

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Reply
Unread 04-21-2010, 11:54 AM   #1
jloo88
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Orange CT
Posts: 175
HELP!! I need ideas for next MOD..

hey guys so i need a little help in deciding what i get next.. i have some ideas but i cant decide what road i should go down.. here are my options but if u guys have any other ideas let me know!! also post up cool pics and ideas of what u think.. keep in mind i have a 2 inch RE bb lift and 31 inch mud tires. here are MY ideas:

1. banks monster cat back exhaust.
2. front bumper and then a winch.
3. new 33" bfg m/t's which will prob eventually lead to gears and maybe lockers..
4. 3 inch suspension lift with shocks.
5. air intake.
6. new radio and possibly a custom made sub and amp box..

there are so many options.. in my mind these are prob in order as priorty like this or maybe 1 and 2 switched..

based on what u see in this pic below, what do u see next on here??


__________________
[SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Black"]~JL NICE~
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-slow-jeep-build-1011701/"]~'98 TJ Build Thread~[/URL]
/l ,[_____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)--o--)_)[/FONT][/SIZE]
jloo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 11:55 AM   #2
2005X
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thornton, Colorado
Posts: 8,276
cmon now, there is no need for 2 threads http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f27/h...t-mod-1017264/
__________________
www.youtube.com/kgries
2005X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
jloo88
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Orange CT
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005X View Post
cmon now, there is no need for 2 threads http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f27/h...t-mod-1017264/
i posted the first one in the worng spot i think so i just put one here instead and im going to delete the other one..
__________________
[SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Black"]~JL NICE~
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-slow-jeep-build-1011701/"]~'98 TJ Build Thread~[/URL]
/l ,[_____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)--o--)_)[/FONT][/SIZE]
jloo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 12:11 PM   #4
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?
 
AustinCJer's Avatar
1978 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by jloo88 View Post
1. banks monster cat back exhaust.
2. front bumper and then a winch.
3. new 33" bfg m/t's which will prob eventually lead to gears and maybe lockers..
4. 3 inch suspension lift with shocks.
5. air intake.
6. new radio and possibly a custom made sub and amp box..
1. Dont waste the money on this.
2. Why not skip the bumper and just get a winch?
3. You nailed it. Tires will lead to a need to regear...
4. youre clearing those 31's pretty decently now, dont go higher unless you go 33", which again will mean regear.
5. Again, dont waste the money.
6. Im a music fanatic, so I like this idea, but it depends on how you want to use your Jeep. If its for offroad, id focus on functional parts. If its a DD and you want the music, then go that route.

The way it sits now looks good. Big tires would be nice, but you're running a 4-cyl, so big tires just mean a bigger lift, regear, etc etc etc... Maybe focus on keeping the 31" tires and protecting the Jeep with armor... if you go from 31 to 33, your only gaining 1 " of clearance... You could put diff covers and a high clearance skid plate on for less money than going from 31 to 33 would cost you...

I like it the way it sits, looks good. So maybe winch it, armor it, and go.

Just my
__________________
-Dave

Shameless plug: www.davidisabeersnob.com

My CJ7 Build Thread
AustinCJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 12:21 PM   #5
jloo88
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Orange CT
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinTJer View Post
1. Dont waste the money on this.
2. Why not skip the bumper and just get a winch?
3. You nailed it. Tires will lead to a need to regear...
4. youre clearing those 31's pretty decently now, dont go higher unless you go 33", which again will mean regear.
5. Again, dont waste the money.
6. Im a music fanatic, so I like this idea, but it depends on how you want to use your Jeep. If its for offroad, id focus on functional parts. If its a DD and you want the music, then go that route.

The way it sits now looks good. Big tires would be nice, but you're running a 4-cyl, so big tires just mean a bigger lift, regear, etc etc etc... Maybe focus on keeping the 31" tires and protecting the Jeep with armor... if you go from 31 to 33, your only gaining 1 " of clearance... You could put diff covers and a high clearance skid plate on for less money than going from 31 to 33 would cost you...

I like it the way it sits, looks good. So maybe winch it, armor it, and go.

Just my
thx for the ideas man.. i like the 31's but they r just not big enough.. i want to get bigger and badder.. i know with 33's comes more work but it doesnt even necessarily have to be all at once.. im going to just try the 33's without doing anything and see how it is than if its really bad, im gonna regear it.. and isk the front bumper looks kinda lame, i want to get something that looks cooler and can hold a winch.. plus the guy who had the jeep before me like hit a rock wall with it lightly so it has some scratches and dents.. but thanks for the
__________________
[SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Black"]~JL NICE~
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-slow-jeep-build-1011701/"]~'98 TJ Build Thread~[/URL]
/l ,[_____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)--o--)_)[/FONT][/SIZE]
jloo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 12:22 PM   #6
2005X
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Thornton, Colorado
Posts: 8,276
just remember that when you do buy a winch no matter what bumper you have that you will need to buy a winch plate
__________________
www.youtube.com/kgries
2005X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 12:27 PM   #7
jloo88
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Orange CT
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005X View Post
just remember that when you do buy a winch no matter what bumper you have that you will need to buy a winch plate
o really?? i didnt know that.. thanks for the heads up.. i was thinking about this bumper check it out.-------> Rockhard 4x4 bumper
__________________
[SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Black"]~JL NICE~
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-slow-jeep-build-1011701/"]~'98 TJ Build Thread~[/URL]
/l ,[_____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)--o--)_)[/FONT][/SIZE]
jloo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 12:28 PM   #8
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?
 
AustinCJer's Avatar
1978 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by jloo88 View Post
thx for the ideas man.. i like the 31's but they r just not big enough.. i want to get bigger and badder.. i know with 33's comes more work but it doesnt even necessarily have to be all at once.. im going to just try the 33's without doing anything and see how it is than if its really bad, im gonna regear it.. and isk the front bumper looks kinda lame, i want to get something that looks cooler and can hold a winch.. plus the guy who had the jeep before me like hit a rock wall with it lightly so it has some scratches and dents.. but thanks for the
Im only speaking from experience. I too have the 4-cyl, and im running 32" M/T's.

I just dont understand the constant desire to have bigger tires... unless you're jumping from 31" to 35", you arent gaining that much... If you go bigger tires, youll have to go bigger lift almost right away. Then youll realize how bad its bogging you down, so youll kill for a regear within months if not weeks... If you have the money, go for it, but the way you made it sound, these will come in steps... If you really want to go bigger and badder, save up for a super 35 kit, then lift it, lock it, regear it, s35 it, then throw some 35's on there...
__________________
-Dave

Shameless plug: www.davidisabeersnob.com

My CJ7 Build Thread
AustinCJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 12:29 PM   #9
AustinCJer
u mad, bro?
 
AustinCJer's Avatar
1978 CJ7 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by jloo88 View Post
o really?? i didnt know that.. thanks for the heads up.. i was thinking about this bumper check it out.-------> Rockhard 4x4 bumper
This one comes with an integrated winch plate. But if you wanted to save the money, you could use your stock bumper and add a winch plate for $65... again with my
__________________
-Dave

Shameless plug: www.davidisabeersnob.com

My CJ7 Build Thread
AustinCJer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 12:36 PM   #10
Imped
Web Wheeler
 
Imped's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by jloo88 View Post
i posted the first one in the worng spot i think so i just put one here instead and im going to delete the other one..
This is also the wrong spot. Take a look around at the other threads.
__________________
OlllllllO
Float Test Build
IndyORV
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 12:53 PM   #11
jloo88
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Orange CT
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
This is also the wrong spot. Take a look around at the other threads.
i just figured i need idea for my next JEEP BUILD modification, so i put it here.. im still kinda new on here so.. where would u recommend me put a thread like this??
__________________
[SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Black"]~JL NICE~
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-slow-jeep-build-1011701/"]~'98 TJ Build Thread~[/URL]
/l ,[_____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)--o--)_)[/FONT][/SIZE]
jloo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 01:52 PM   #12
Imped
Web Wheeler
 
Imped's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,215
You could ask in the General 4x4 discussion. If you've narrowed down your choices and have a specific question(s), then I would consider that tech, which could go in the TJ tech forum. This forum is for posting and documenting builds. Just take a look at the threads and the description of the forum.
__________________
OlllllllO
Float Test Build
IndyORV
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 02:12 PM   #13
jahlborn
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houghton, MI
Posts: 433
Get a marine radio and waterproof speakers and seal it all up. Im a fan of rhinolining the tub and if i were you, id get rid of those side steps, theyre gunna break anyways.
__________________
Jacob Ahlborn Four Wheelers of Michigan Tech Public Relations 2011-Present
2006 WK Limited 5.7L HEMI
1994 Cherokee 36" Tires, lots of body damage...rolled
1988 Comanche-New Project
jahlborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 03:40 PM   #14
MXCarson92
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Maine
Posts: 603
SYE/CV and a tummy tuck would be sweeeeeet.
__________________

2003 Chevy 2500HD | 6.0 w/ 4.10s | Keys | H2 Wheels/315 BFG's
98 TJ SE | 3.75" Rough Country | 33x12.5x15 DC Mud Country | Cobra 19DX/Firestik 4' | IPF X4 | Genright Steering Box Skid - SOLD

ΦΚΣ
My Build
MXCarson92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 06:03 PM   #15
jloo88
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Orange CT
Posts: 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
You could ask in the General 4x4 discussion. If you've narrowed down your choices and have a specific question(s), then I would consider that tech, which could go in the TJ tech forum. This forum is for posting and documenting builds. Just take a look at the threads and the description of the forum.
my bad brotha!! will do next time..
__________________
[SIZE="4"][FONT="Arial Black"]~JL NICE~
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/my-slow-jeep-build-1011701/"]~'98 TJ Build Thread~[/URL]
/l ,[_____],
l---L-OlllllllO-
()_)-()_)--o--)_)[/FONT][/SIZE]
jloo88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
exhaust , ideas , lift kit , mods , tires
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.