Help!!! Dosen't Run - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Help!!! Dosen't Run

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 11-07-2005, 02:56 PM   #1
truckie453
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Help!!! Dosen't Run

Hey all

Well I got up this morning and got into the jeep and she wouldn't start. She ticked and if I gave her gas as I turned the key she would run but the second I let off the gas she'd die... Any Ideas

Thanks in advance.

Green Jeep #99
Firefighting Jeep #1

Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil, that true love never dies. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in.
truckie453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2005, 03:41 PM   #2
JSBlu974X4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

could be a lot...wires, coil, distrib, throttle pos sensor, crank pos sensor..any codes?
2005 Unlimited Rubicon Hard N Soft Tops, Clayton Long Arm on RE Coils, Warn Bumper/Tire Carrier, Warn Winch N Bumper, Currie Steering, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Front Trac Bar, Bilsteins, CO2 System..Yada Yada Yada
JSBlu974X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2005, 04:28 PM   #3
truckie453
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I don't have a code reader and it's a '99 so I cannot do the on-off-on thing... The thing ran fine earlier this morning (5am) but when I got in again at 8am it wouldn't stay running...

anyone else with an idea?
Green Jeep #99
Firefighting Jeep #1

Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil, that true love never dies. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in.
truckie453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2005, 04:34 PM   #4
smoo26
1999 TJ Wrangler 

this sounds like the problem I just had with my 99 have you had the battery checked, it turned out to be the problem with mine.
smoo26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.