Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Help with connector

602 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  mrblaine 
#1 ·
Im trying to raise my auto transmission back up after installing a new solenoid pack that was attached to the valve body but for the life of me I cant get the little red clip on the driver side connector to slide back in and lock into place. Ive tried pushing the connector down further while trying to slide the clip over but its getting hung up.

Ive been without my DD for 3 days now bc I cant secure the connector and put the savvy crossmember back in after lifting the trans back up.

#3 ·
I may be wrong here but I believe the red slide is just a "lock for the lock".

If the two halfs are fully seated and the locking clip is in place, you should be ok.

I've had the little red clips break off before, just trying to get them unlatched.

#4 ·
2jhanna said:
I may be wrong here but I believe the red slide is just a "lock for the lock". If the two halfs are fully seated and the locking clip is in place, you should be ok. I've had the little red clips break off before, just trying to get them unlatched.
ok thats what i figured but with it being a trans connector i wasnt sure if it was needed and potential of it coming loose.

#8 ·
If the red clip won't slide to lock, you have some dirt in there that is preventing the two connector halves from seating all the way and locking. Spray it out with some WD-40, hit it with some air, and then try again. When you get it right, you will hear it click into place and the red lock snaps right across.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.