Help: 42RLE plug identification - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 09-29-2015, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
JMH77
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Help: 42RLE plug identification

Need some help identifying a wiring harness for a 42rle transmission from a 2004 TJ. I'm in the middle of performing a swap between year models and transmissions... I could really use some guidance with the electrical. These are the plugs on the transmission harness I'm trying to identify. One large green plug, one large brown plug, one medium 3-wire plug, and two smaller 2-wire plugs. My thread regarding the swap can be found at:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/he...s-yay-3427794/

Thanks in advance!

Attached Thumbnails
FullSizeRender.jpg   FullSizeRender_1.jpg   FullSizeRender_2.jpg   FullSizeRender_3.jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-29-2015, 12:34 PM
Rubi4MyMrs
Web Wheeler

2005 LJ Wrangler 

It will be easier to identify those connectors by the pin count & wire colors. That can be done with the FSM.

For 2004:

The range sensor has 10 pins & the power (pin 1) is violet/white & the back up feed (pin 6) is violet/black.

The crank sensor connector (black, 3 pins) has orange for the 5v supply, black/light blue for sensor ground & gray/black for sensor signal. For 2000 the 5v & signal colors are the same, the ground is brown/yellow.

Of the ones reaching to the TC, the speed sensor should be 3 wires, the TC switch 2 wires but the 231 & 241 use different ones. The 231 is the 4WD indicator but the 241 is a position sensor for the 4WD & locker signals.

The trans solenoid/pressure switch assembly is a 10 pin connector.

The torque converter clutch connector is black, has 2 wires, red/light green & orange/light green.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-29-2015, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
JMH77
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks so much Rubi... I really appreciate it. The swap has gone pretty smoothly so far but I was starting to have my concerns with the harness conflicts. Thanks again!

Tags
2004 , 42rle , harness , plugs , tj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.