Heating control connector - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Heating control connector

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 02-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
hoverusa

Heating control connector

Help! I'm looking for a source for a specific 2000 Jeep wrangler electrical connector. It plugs into the rear of the heater controls right next to all of the vacuum lines, I believe it to be the main power feed to the controls. The connector is marked PED 4 with an A B C under and has 3 wires, black, green and a smaller lighter green wire. I went to a dealer, who couldn't even find it in their schematics. Any source would be greatly appreciated!
TIA!

hoverusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 05:01 PM   #2
Rubi4MyMrs
Tks 4 the upgrade MoodyJP

2005 LJ Wrangler 

It’s the C-3 connector & actually the 2 heavier wires are the main grounding wires for the blower motor (B&C). The smaller one (A) is for the A/C compressor control (also a ground). If you can’t find one & I’m sure the dealer will tell you that you need a whole harness or something you may have to put a terminal end on each individual wire & attach it that way. Keep tract of which wire goes where. Here is a diagram that may help.
jeep-hvac-schematic.jpg  
Rubi4MyMrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #3
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Pin C3 B is the 12vdc feed to the HVAC mode select switch.

Pin C3 C is the mode select switch ground.

Pin C3 A is the discrete input to the PCM for A/C operation... IIRC
Unread 02-01-2012, 08:54 PM   #4
Rubi4MyMrs

2005 LJ Wrangler 

No. The C3-B is a ground wire, the 12v feed is at A on the motor. The B side is the grounding side which goes to the resistor & the 7 position on the blower speed switch. From that switch either from the 7 position or through the resistor to positions 8,9,&10 to C1-E & around to C3-B. When the mode switch is any position except off (0) it is grounded through C3-C.

The C3-A does go to the PCM but also sends a ground signal when the compressor needs to be switched on, as I read it.

Either way, the OP needs to keep tract of where each wire goes if he has to wire them individually.

OP, there MAY be a harness repair part for this. I believe Chrysler does supply such a thing for some applications. Don't know if for this. You may need to find a better parts man
Unread 02-01-2012, 09:15 PM   #5
vanek11
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Junkyard... Even though wranglers are hard to find in the scrap yard some cherokees should be the same, I believe. I know with the resistor, resistor wiring harness and plug were the same on some models. When I had a burnt out resistor plug in my 01 TJ I went and searched out cherokees and grands and found a few good plugs. I feel your pain, even though the dealer originally found the plug I needed they wanted almost $60 for one!!! Screw that, the u pull it yard charged me $2.66 a piece for each plug and harness!!! And that was with a used but good resistor attached to it!! Those go for almost $50 at NAPA. So all in all check for compatibility with cherokees then head to a u pull it yard and save some cash...
vanek11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #6
Knuckelhead
AFSOC Retired

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi4MyMrs View Post
No. The C3-B is a ground wire, the 12v feed is at A on the motor.
Yes.

C3 B is the input feed to the mode select switch, C3 C is the ground...
Unread 11-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #7
jnbarnes89

is there any reason that the black and green wires would be spliced together on my c3 connector just bought the jeep 2000 tj se light green wire is normal?
jnbarnes89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2012, 10:15 PM   #8
Rubi4MyMrs

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yes, the mode switch is probably bad & that is a way to get the blower (fan) to work. Normally when the mode switch is "off" the fan is off & when the mode switch is in any other position the fan runs at whatever speed is set be the speed switch. If that part of the mode switch goes bad the fan won't run at all. By jumping those 2 wires together is eliminates that problem (without getting a new switch). A different set of contacts works the A/C (light green wire) when needed so that wire is left alone since those contacts are apparently OK.
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #9
mjcother
2000 TJ Wrangler 

68080536AA is the new connector repair kit for the C3 'vacuum switch electrical connector', I know the thread is old, but figured the part number may help someone else. Mine was melted, however the switch was fine, I scratched off the melted plastic to get the fan working until I could get the connector. At the time of this post, the MSRP was $42.60, wholesalemopar has it for just over $30.
mjcother is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 12:30 AM   #10
nichelsond
2001 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.amazon.com/Jeep-Wrangler-...glink121868-20
nichelsond is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 07:29 AM   #11
mjcother
2000 TJ Wrangler 

that is the switch... not the electrical connector that plugs into it that gets melted... anyone can find that with the google search: wrangler heater mode switch

try finding just the pigtail without a trip to the dealer to see if the parts guy is smart enough to know how to find the connector part number... or buying the entire 56010108AH (2000 hard top, the soft top 56010104AH does not even come up anymore in the mopar catalog) harness at $1285 MSRP

Thinking, why is this dinky connector rated for the amperage of the fan, but one for the same current in residential use 10x the contact area? It is not like heater fan connectors have been melting for over 40 years or anything....
Unread 09-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #12
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

When mine melted I took the switch to a car stereo place and had them solder on new leads and spliced it back into the wiring.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #13
mjcother
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
When mine melted I took the switch to a car stereo place and had them solder on new leads and spliced it back into the wiring.
probably the best solution for the masses, just solder and heat-shrink 4-6" pigtails of the same gauge on and then you can solder into your system and have enough for the next time, or you can put some connectors on that have more surface area than the stock POS connectors. Grab an electric fan connector from the junkyard, they are rated 40A or so...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.