heater core flush help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > heater core flush help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 01-11-2010, 11:10 PM   #1
mgaither0
1998 TJ Wrangler 

heater core flush help

so i read a lot of the write ups and info on here about the heater core flush and everyone kept talking about disconnecting the hoses the clip into the firewall and flushing them out. Now the way i understand it is if you are just trying to flush the heater core out that u are flushing the hoses out to in case there is gunk or whatever in them to. Then the next step would be to directly flush the heating core by putting the hose up to the fitting on the heater core in the fire wall and flushing that out directly? I'm making sure this is rite? any info or advice would be great. I had a hard time following some of the write ups. I;m only trying to flush the heater core. The water pump and radiator are only a few months old. I figure the heater core probably has crap in it from the old radiator. Help please on what to do?

mgaither0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 05:44 AM   #2
SkylinesSuck
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Disconnect the hoses near the from of the motor, not at the fire wall. Point one at the ground and stick the hose in the other. Turn on water. Switch hoses and repeat. Finished.
Unread 01-12-2010, 06:36 PM   #3
mgaither0
1998 TJ Wrangler 

alright cool i'm going to do this in the next couple days
mgaither0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2010, 07:18 PM   #4
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylinesSuck View Post
Disconnect the hoses near the from of the motor, not at the fire wall. Point one at the ground and stick the hose in the other. Turn on water. Switch hoses and repeat. Finished.
I disconnected mine at the firewall and stuck the hose directly over the copper fittings sticking out of the firewall. It instantly shot out a bunch of brown gunk. After you're finished and hook the hoses back up, start the engine and let it warm up. Then check both hoses going to the heater core and make sure they're hot. The top one will be hotter than the bottom one. Personally, I had to flush mine more than once. I flushed it clean the first day and hooked everything back and my heat was only "warmish". I went back the next day and flushed it again and more brown gunk came out. After that I was good to go.
Sgt.Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.