Heat - no heat....... Heat - no heat - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Heat - no heat....... Heat - no heat

WJ Tube Doors Now Available!*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 10-13-2008, 09:07 AM   #1
Buford
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Heat - no heat....... Heat - no heat

Sometimes I have heat, sometimes nothing. What typically happens when this occurs? I know I'm not the only one and with winter around the corner, I want to figure it out now. Me thinks its a switch or such and is simple to fix, I just don't know where to even look. Thanks

1998 Wrangler Sport - 3" Full traction lift w/ quick discos, 1" front spacers, 33" TSL, dynomax exhaust/K&N filter, KC longrange bumper/windshield lights, Hi-lift, BestTop Sunrider soft top, Kicker speakers front/back, AMSOIL oil in all drivetrain.
Buford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2008, 09:20 AM   #2
ScottHarr_TJ
2010 WK 

more than likely its your blower resistor switch. pretty cheap to fix by yourself. i went to the stealership and bought a new one and took out the old one behind my glove box, and switched the old one for the new one. worked like a charm. trust me that heat is crucial in the winter.
Blue Jeep Club Memeber #132?
My Custom Back Seat Box Build
ScottHarr_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2008, 10:26 AM   #3
Buford
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by plharrison View Post
more than likely its your blower resistor switch. pretty cheap to fix by yourself. i went to the stealership and bought a new one and took out the old one behind my glove box, and switched the old one for the new one. worked like a charm. trust me that heat is crucial in the winter.
do you have a picture of where it is located and part number for it? Thanks for the reply
1998 Wrangler Sport - 3" Full traction lift w/ quick discos, 1" front spacers, 33" TSL, dynomax exhaust/K&N filter, KC longrange bumper/windshield lights, Hi-lift, BestTop Sunrider soft top, Kicker speakers front/back, AMSOIL oil in all drivetrain.
Buford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2008, 11:05 AM   #4
mellentine
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Last winter I noticed my heat would work when driving down the road, but while sitting at an idle in the commutter rail parking lot waiting on a train, the heat would go cold. I would rev the engine to 2K RPM, and after a couple seconds the heat would return. Turns out I had a slow leak on the bottom of my radiator, and I was low on fluid. When I filled it up, heat worked all the time.
mellentine is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.