Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Hazards not working 1998 TJ

649 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  rikkards 
#1 ·
1998 Sahara 5 speed 4.0
Replaced multifunction switch and relays . I still don't have hazards I have blinkers and everything else working just no hazards . I have checked fuses in distribution box and fuse panel and they are good also ...... I'm I missing something that would not allow the hazards to work ?

#2 ·
Both fuse boxes are good? Under the hood and under the dash? Tried changing the hazard relay for a different relay? Check the relay under the dash as well?

#3 ·
Check fuse 9 (20a) with a meter or swap with a known good one. Those have a habit of blowing where it is hard to see. That is the one for the hazards.

If good, unplug the connector to the m-f (signal) switch & see if the black/white wire at pin 6 has power (from fuse 9).

#6 ·
Are you testing pin 6 with a 12v test light or a volt meter?

You need to use a test light to be sure you are getting full power (amps, not volts) there.

With a good m-f switch there is not much else that would cause the signals to work but not the hazards unless you are losing power at pin 6 (blown fuse or bad connection in the wiring).

You could try back probing pin 6 with a good 12v source to see if that gets the hazards working.

#8 ·
Glad you figured it out faster than I did, my issue was the fuse in the PDC was not getting +12v the stud that the power comes in underneath connects to the slot through a tab, the tab was working its way out. Pain in the butt to get back in but I would see the fuse was fine but never thought to actually check that +12v was going to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.